spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rdmiller
join:2005-09-23
Richmond, VA

rdmiller

What rights?

We now have a Constitutional Right to be strip-searched for a traffic violation! Thanks, guys!
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

said by rdmiller:

We now have a Constitutional Right to be strip-searched for a traffic violation! Thanks, guys!

I was going to make note of this as well but want to add that it wasn't congress that enabled this, instead it was the conservative controlled Supreme Court that said it was Ok.

firephoto
Truth and reality matters
Premium Member
join:2003-03-18
Brewster, WA

firephoto

Premium Member

It's the only way to protect our short bald cops with attitudes from the dangerous people who have weapons and drugs strapped to their genitals.
sandman_1
join:2011-04-23

1 recommendation

sandman_1 to aguen

to aguen
That and Corporations are people too. They screwed us over on that one also.

Dr Demento
I Vant Blud
join:2002-01-02
Denville, NJ

Dr Demento to aguen

to aguen
said by aguen:

said by rdmiller:

I was going to make note of this as well but want to add that it wasn't congress that enabled this, instead it was the conservative controlled Supreme Court that said it was Ok.

OT: Am I all for the violation of civil liberties but the case you're referring to pertains to people who turned over for custody (as in a county jail or local precinct) can be thoroughly searched for packing heat or other contraband for minor offenses. This is primarily targeted for those arrested for DUI. So once you under arrest and in custody the police or jail warden should have probable cause to search for their safety.

As for CISPA and HR. 3523, where is a Wikipedia blackout and Google alert banner when you need it?
slckusr
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC

slckusr

Premium Member

Any arrestable offense. will be eligible for the strip searches, but where it goes from there is the next question. The person who sued the government over getting stripped searched was pulled over and had a very old warrant the system was saying was unpaid. He carried proof it was paid because its happened before, he was locked up multiple days and strip searched twice before they figured out he really did pay the warrant off years ago. (he was innocent)

You already get strip searched in prison, this is to allow the local guy to strip search you when he throws you into his smaller more local lock up. (without having a good reason)

sorry to go OT but both thte topic and this show that congress and the supreme court is taking away any right to privacy we once had. Our kids will never taste the freedom we did and its at our hands they are losing it.
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom to Dr Demento

to Dr Demento
No, it's not for safety, since a pat down takes care of that. It's about humiliating innocent people so that the narcotics prohibition industry doesn't miss one gram. The police are now hostile to people of America: act accordingly.

TheHelpful1
Premium Member
join:2002-01-11
Upper Marlboro, MD

TheHelpful1 to slckusr

Premium Member

to slckusr
What freedom do you speak of? I must fix post for you.
said by slckusr:

Sorry to go OT but both thte topic and this show that congress and the supreme court is taking away [the fictional] right to privacy we once had. Our kids will [only grow up knowing the cold truth and] never taste the [illusion of] freedom we did and its at our hands they are losing it.