uniqs
share rss forum feed

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:35
reply to mrjeschicago

Re: WOW claims they will no longer support CableCards in a PC!

We most definitely still support CableCARDs in PC tuners. Please call back and try speaking with another representative. I apologize for the confusion, but I have one of those at home, and it's still supported.

mrjes

join:2012-04-03
Oak Forest, IL
I am NOT used to being treeated this way by WOW. I am a loooong time customer - early adopter when they moved into our town. I've had nothing but respectful help. But... the last few times I've called things have been a little more curt. I hope the company is not groing too fast. I was told they wanted to remain selective and grow only as fast as they can make the service the best. We'll see.

This was an example of a supervisor who apparently didn't want to do his/her job - OR WOW HAS sent out a memorandum about no longer supporting the CableCard - if you can get by with it. I didn't even have the opportunity to "argue" with the supervisor or ask to be bumped up. WOW better comply this time. I have the FCC complaint site sitting on my browser ready to go.

Dan - is there someone here in Naperville (Chicago area) I can call directly and bypass the CO. helpdesk (I think I normally end up in Colorado)? I recall that early on in my WOW experience I continually had the internet go down on weekends. It acted as though a switch kept re-booting during off hours. I eventually was given a tech's name (maybe yours!) and phone number in Naperville and I helped him find the bad equipment.

Thanks for any help. I'd hate to leave WOW - but I WILL if they have taken this step. I have AT&T and Comcast (yuck - I can't imagine much worse) as alternatives. WOW WILL loose a longtime customer if I am not given access to my cablecard.

Joel

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:35
There is no local call center for support. I could assist you with getting the card active, but I won't be in the office to do it until Friday. If you can wait until then, send me your account number or phone number, as well as the cable card serial number and Host ID. If you'd like to try and get it going sooner, I would suggest talking to another customer service rep, and if they're unsure, ask them to contact their tier 3 support department.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
Network Operations Center

mrjes

Oak Forest, IL
reply to mrjes
I called again this morning. Got a female rep. I learned to not give more data than they need.

I said "I have a cablecard I need activated and paired." She said, do you have the info? I said yes. I gave her the serial number (PK number as they say) and within 30 seconds I had all green on my Ceton diagnostics except the CP authorization. When she did that my WOW phone disconnected, so apparently it played with the modem. I seem to be getting the channels I am suppose to, though I need to check completely yet. Apprently the CP Auth is not needed?

Anyone know if the NetTalk hardware will work with WOW? I have two old TK6000 units that have been given lifetime calling plans!

Joel

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
why wouldn't they work with WOW? It's just a VoIP device that plugs into your router and into a phone. Just like Vonage.

mrjes

Oak Forest, IL
Some ISP's may block VIOP ports - or so I've been told. I've had problems with a couple VOIP devices and WOW in the past even though it seems WOW is the most "open" of the cable companies.