Premium
join:2000-05-06
Reading, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ZsExperiment

Re: [Bill] Random "non-recurring charges" of $255.36 o

Sounds like a charge for a non-returned cable box.. How many cable boxes do you have? Check them all to see if they are working.. It's possible that a box was taken off your account and was flagged as a non-return..

I only say this due to my recent experience having HBO added to my account. I have two addressable boxes, one HD and one standard. About 10 minutes after I got off the phone my HD box shut off, said every channel was unauthorized. A phone call into Comcast showed that whoever updated my account only added the HBO to one box and somehow removed the other box.

That experience has me somewhat leery, yesterday I finally broke down and went with one of their triple-play packages. We'll see how it goes this coming week once the new modem arrives. While I do not anticipate any issues installing, being as I have installed hundreds of these in the past, I am somewhat leery of my account getting screwed up again.

ZsExperiment
Zse
Premium
join:2004-04-01
OBX 12 North

1 edit

We've lived here for 8 years. All bills always paid in full. We have 3 HD boxes, 2 of them DVRs and all of those remained the same. The only equipment that changed was they sent me a new Arris TG862 modem which I installed myself, and I returned the SB5120 I had before (have a receipt for the return). All boxes have always been active and working.

Before we changed our plan the monthly bill for TV service alone was:
$120 for digital premier
$9 tech fee
$16 for 2 dual tuner DVRs
$8 for an additional HD outlet
$16 for another 2 additional digital outlets (includes little adapter box and remote - these replaced the analog outlets when analog service was discontinued)

So... about $170 for TV alone, 3 HDs plus another 2 digital outlets (total of 5 TVs in the house). HSI was an additional $54 for service and modem rental.

There is no reason for the additional $255.36 "non-recurring charge."
--
Hmmmm... That worked last time...

ZsExperiment
Zse
Premium
OBX 12 North

Okay... a more recent monthly bill for service for our 5 TVs (2 HD DVRs, 1 HD box, and 2 of the little digital adapter boxes that are for formerly analog outlets).

Not very happy that Comcast charges an additional $9 each per month for what used to be included analog outlets, especially since the digital channels received by those little boxes are extremely limited - not the full scope of digital channels.
--

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
San Jose, CA

said by ZsExperiment:

Okay... a more recent monthly bill for service for our 5 TVs (2 HD DVRs, 1 HD box, and 2 of the little digital adapter boxes that are for formerly analog outlets).

[att=1]

Not very happy that Comcast charges an additional $9 each per month for what used to be included analog outlets, especially since the digital channels received by those little boxes are extremely limited - not the full scope of digital channels.

You can get two free digital adapters per account, vs the SD boxes you have now that cost $9. As you say, at $9 a pop there is NO reason to not get HD drops for outlets, or the free DTAs if they will work for you
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

ZsExperiment
Zse
Premium
OBX 12 North

I don't have any SD boxes. I only have the two DVRs, one HD box and 2 of those little digital adapters. You know, the ones that don't even get all of the digital channels. They're only about 3" x 5". They're really small.
--

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
San Jose, CA

said by ZsExperiment:

I don't have any SD boxes. I only have the two DVRs, one HD box and 2 of those little digital adapters. You know, the ones that don't even get all of the digital channels. They're only about 3" x 5". They're really small.

If they are DTAs then they are free - otherwise you HAVE SD boxes, which cost $9 a month. The DTAs should not cost anything for up to two. You have two SD digital boxes, which cost as much each month as two HD boxes. You can get two DTAs for free, turn those in (get a receipt) and get that charge off your bill. You will only get what you used to get on the analog side (mostly ch 30 and below, less any digital premiums - locals will be there for sure) but hey, free is free.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

ZsExperiment
Zse
Premium
OBX 12 North

I only have the 2 DTAs Comcast sent out for free. I don't have SD boxes on the outlets that were formerly analog. The only boxes I have are the 2 DVRs and the one HD box. I have no SD boxes at all.
--

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3
reply to ZsExperiment

Actually, Comcast use to charge for each analog outlet too, but that was extremely hard to track since techs/customers used splitters. But I remember back in the day that I was charged a $2-3/mo. for each "outlet", until we called and told them we only had 1 TV and they removed the outlet fee.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3
reply to ZsExperiment

Also, back in the day when I used to work for CC, we could put the customer's FIRST DVR on the primary outlet, saving them the $8.95/mo.

I think they can still do that. Since the first outlet fee is included with the package (as is a standard box), customers who upgraded to the DVR on the primary outlet would just pay the DVR Service. And then for a second DVR, they would pay $8 for DVR + $8.95 outlet fee.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Rob

I remember back in the adephia days they charged for outlets not in use! a new house that was wired for everyroom with coax cost us about $35 a month for outlets not in use.. they use to claim it was per jack until they stopped that in thelate 90's....