Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to DarkLogix

Re: [Connectivity] Help:We accidentally cut our comcast HSI line

I agree 100 percent on that. No way a drop should be less than 8 inches and in my opinion should not be less than 12 inches. 8 inches is a comcast spec. The average spade shovel is about 12 inches. But you would have to be able to kick underground to reach that with a spade shovel. Not that you cant. But really its only a cable line. Cut it and we will replace it. Its really no big deal. The op comcast paid a contractor to locate it and he didnt do his job correctly. Most likely comcast is going to want them to pay something for missmarking it. i dont blame them, if i paid someone to locate the line and they were off ide want it paid also. Not by the homeowner but by the person i paid to locate the line.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

Well a shovel has the intent of digging and thus that 811 number that was mentioned should be called.

but an edger, tiller, airator, ect shouldn't be able to reach a buried cable. IMO

If you are intending to dig then call 811 but if its just a surface perp or similer then you shouldn't have to.

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to rody_44

Or the homeowner could do it correctly by preparing conduit for Comcast, and not have to worry about it later on...