how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ummmnoos

@cgocable.net
reply to oh LOOK

Re: Rogers uses Fed Regulations to Screw People

Rogers will pay rent or provide free services to people who allow towers to be built on there property. YAY for rogers for tricking the NIMBY people.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
said by ummmnoos :

Rogers will pay rent or provide free services to people who allow towers to be built on there property. YAY for rogers for tricking the NIMBY people.

If people want service, the infrastructure required to provide those services has to go somewhere. If NIMBY was allowed to get in the way of everything, nearly nothing would ever get done anywhere.

jfmezei
Premium
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC
kudos:23
Coat the wiring with peanut butter and let the squirrels do their job

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to ummmnoos
said by ummmnoos :

In the article it says its in a private yard...that person = SMART...Rogers pays them X a month for lease of that land and poof, extra income...and what'd he/she have to do? Nothing...just let a small parcel of land they probably didn't use anyways, get used...and get better cell service as a result.

Smart to the property owner, if someone came to me and said, hey we want to build a tower and will pay you X per month in virtual perpetutity.....where do I freakin sign? It'd be a no brainer...

no brainer

@videotron.ca
said by nitzguy:

....where do I freakin sign? It'd be a no brainer...

You must be young.

Try and sell that house after.
You won't get what the market was asking for it before the tower. Nor will the neighbours.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to jfmezei
said by jfmezei:

Coat the wiring with peanut butter and let the squirrels do their job

*** C l e v e r ! ***

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to no brainer
Depends on the income from the tower and property. There are some people with towers on their land that are making $5000+/mo.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
said by battleop:

Depends on the income from the tower and property. There are some people with towers on their land that are making $5000+/mo.

these tower deals are very lucrative, especially if they are using YOUR structure to support the antenna array

battleop

Nope. I have a friend who's dad and two brothers were offered $4500/mo for something like 20 years by Nextel. Nextel did everything including installing a 3 carrier tower. If they add more carriers they get a cut of that as well. They separated the land the tower was on from everything else to that the had the option to keep the cell site if they decided to sell the business and the building. When they all retired they did just that. The sold the restaurant and the building and kept the cell site's income.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Do they pay 4500/mo even in low density "suburbs" / borderline rural areas?

battleop

I have no idea.

BryceS

join:2007-09-17
Vanier, ON
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to BliZZardX
said by BliZZardX:

Do they pay 4500/mo even in low density "suburbs" / borderline rural areas?

Usually you get a quadruple play (only two cellphones) bundle for $0 and nearly every channel on TV plus about $150/mo.

This is what it is for a farm out near Woodstock, ON, from the big 3. My friend has a Rogers tower on his land. This is a big tower that you could almost BASE jump off of.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to no brainer
said by no brainer :

said by nitzguy:

....where do I freakin sign? It'd be a no brainer...

You must be young.

Try and sell that house after.
You won't get what the market was asking for it before the tower. Nor will the neighbours.

...supply and demand determines a houses worth...if land is scarce, prices go up...

And no, I'm not "young" as per se, unless you call mid 30s young...I just realize opportunity when it knocks...as for my neighbours, well that's TFB for them, too much NIMBY in this world...way way too much.

Probably same people who whine about wires on poles....gimme a break...