AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to fifty nine

Re: Not a smart meter problem

I'd be happier if I didn't have to subsidize local power utility idiocy like them spending millions to put their name on a ball park a few years ago...as if they need to advertise to a CAPTIVE audience.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

And yet; if they didn't do it your city would or someone else that wants the Game there. Would you rather your tax money be paid to maintain that park? Hell in Ohio Nationwide has several parks with their name on it; well they are based here as well, but still. Advertising is advertising.

DavePR

join:2008-06-04
Canyon Country, CA
reply to skeechan

Blame deregulation; Edison had many competitors back then.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

Its not exactly deregulation's fault. in fact some government regulation only permits there to be one telco or cableco or powerco per city or what have you.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

2 edits
reply to DavePR

No they didn't. Distribution in the area is exclusively Edison. You don't have a choice in power distributor. And even for the energy source, ESP choice was suspended during this period (there was no "direct access" program), you had no 'choice' in sourcing energy.

Edison at the time (late 1990's to 2003 when the field was named for them) had a captive audience and simply wasted ratepayer dollars.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to 25139889

No, some other advertiser would have done it, just as we have STAPLES Center and had the GREAT WESTERN forum. Even now, there isn't a brand name on the park, it's Angel Stadium. There is zero justification for Edison spending ratepayer money to advertise.