spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mads

@wideopenwest.com

smart meters

I personally can't wait for a smart meter I have 4 plug in grid tie inverters plugged it to 11 135 Watt Kyocera solar panels
maybe the new smarts meters will help lower my bill even more because during the day I use no power and my meter spins backwards, intern saves my family cash I think my last electric bill was $68.00 for a 5 bedroom house 3 kids 4 computers running all the time .

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1
Make sure your power company knows you have solar PV grid tied so when the day comes and you do get a new "smart" meter it will come programmed for NET metering.

In other words, they need to know in advance to subtract the kwhr's you push out during the day, otherwise you're in for a really BIG (unpleasant) surprise!
--
~Help Find a Cure for Cancer~
~Proud Member of Team Discovery ~

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to Mads
said by Mads :

I personally can't wait for a smart meter I have 4 plug in grid tie inverters plugged it to 11 135 Watt Kyocera solar panels
maybe the new smarts meters will help lower my bill even more

Expect a triple or higher bill!

Smart meters blamed for hydro bill spikes
»www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca···Columbia
quote:
Steele on Your Side has heard from dozens of viewers who say their hydro bills have doubled or tripled since their smart meter was installed.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?