julesism

join:2001-12-12
Little Rock, AR
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

Hello, I meant to post earlier in the week... just curious if anyone in the area uses a cablecard and if so, are there any issues\headaches? I signed up for El Paquetazo and 1 cablecard. I have a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime waiting for TWC. My install is today. Hopefully the installer is somewhat familiar with CC's. I hope he has the USB Tuning Adapter on him. I read up on things and it looks like it's required for SDV. My plan is to add the above to an exiting FiOS HDHRPrime and OTA unit. Hopefully the only issue I'll deal with is dupe channel numbers. Thanks in advance.

MeInDallas

join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX
said by julesism:

Hello, I meant to post earlier in the week... just curious if anyone in the area uses a cablecard and if so, are there any issues\headaches? I signed up for El Paquetazo and 1 cablecard. I have a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime waiting for TWC. My install is today. Hopefully the installer is somewhat familiar with CC's. I hope he has the USB Tuning Adapter on him. I read up on things and it looks like it's required for SDV. My plan is to add the above to an exiting FiOS HDHRPrime and OTA unit. Hopefully the only issue I'll deal with is dupe channel numbers. Thanks in advance.

I live in the Dallas area, and I have 4 cable cards and tuning adapters. I dont have any problems with them at all. Back in 2008 when TWC first started using them they were a complete nightmare, but things have changed so much since then. I dont know why you just didnt go to the office and pick them up yourself and do the "self install" and call the hotline (866-606-5889) to get them paired up. Much much easier to me than having a truck roll. The only problem I had was with a Tivo Elite that I purchased 2 months ago, but in the end it was the Elite and some major flaw they have in them when attached to the TWC system here in my area. I just went to my local office here, asked for the cable cards and tuning adapters and they gave them to me. Came home and installed them, called the hotline and had them going within minutes. Easy Peasy.