join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway
Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

3 edits

julesism

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

UPDATE #2
Compared to my FiOS CC setup which was truly a piece of cake, this has been a bit of a nightmare so far :/ I've spoken to 3 different CC tech's. The 1st rep was very knowledgeable. Long story short, we determined my CC was bad. I went down to the Farmers Branch office and swapped cards. The second rep got the new card activated so I let him go so I could begin setting up WMC. I was getting an "Activation Required" on just about every TWC channel. I just got off the line with a third tech. She has scheduled another truck roll for Sunday evening, what for I'm not sure. I guess we may try a STB. Some channels were working (300s) but most are not. In between Activation Required messages, I was receiving Subscription Required on many of the channels after the last tech reset things/sent hits. I'm now back to Activation Required on channels that were working moments ago. The only channel that has worked every time is 802-ESPN Deportes HD. Idealy, I want to watch Fox Soccer HD, Fox Soccer Plus HD, and GolTV HD. At this point, even SD would be fine. If I get the main WMC hub working, my next problem will be getting rid of the Copy Prohibited messages from my media center extenders. Thank goodness my FiOS HDHR Prime is working flawless on the WMC hub and all extenders. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'd really like to get this to work. I (should be) subbed to the El Paquetazo package. My guess is the issue is not WMC. Using the HDHR software/apps, I see the same results when trying to tune channels. The channels giving me errors in WMC do not play in the HDHR app. The very few subscription channels that do work and basic/broadcast channels that work in WMC work on the HDHR app. I'm wondering if package info is missing or perhaps my Tuning Adapter is wonky. Maybe if I am bored tomorrow I can swing by the office again and pick up a STB to see if it gets all the channels I should be receiving. Thanks in advance.

Setup details:
1 x HDHR ATSC/OTA tuner
2 x HDHR Primes
-1 for FiOS (working perfectly)
-1 for TWC (nightmare)
WMC on 7Pro PC
-TunerSalad has been installed to increase tuner limit to 12. It is seeing 6 CC tuners, 3 per HDHR. I have rescanned and even reset WMC and ran through the setup again.
3 x Xbox 360's to view live/recorded shows

PerplexedPOS

Anon

Just got TWC. I have the new DCX3510 box with a UR5U-8790L remote. Any idea how to program this remote to send a 30 second skip to the DVR? I've seen similar posts for older Motorola boxes but the key sequence doesn't appear to be the same. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

Navigator and the new remotes do not support 30 sec skip.