uniqs

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

TW Maine / New England Wideband Now Avail. & Speed Increases

Just dropping this little tid bit off to brag I know I know some of you have had it for years but this is big for around here. lol

Have had it since the 21st of April. Didnt really see a need for the Wideband package at $99.99 but extreme is worth it to me at only $10 more than Turbo.

Interestingly enough, when I got it on the 21st, it broke my online account and made it think I didnt have any internet service until a few days later when it was formally announced then it worked again.

To those who own your modem...you may get push back as they will want to send a tech out to put "special wiring" in but just tell them you own your modem and you just need the right billing code added to your account. (need to have a DOCSIS 3 modem though) If it doesnt work hang up and call back to get a different rep.

Also, all other speed tiers got a speed increase. Turbo is now 20/2 and the other packages increased to, with even the basic RR speed tier having a 1 MBit upload speed.

ZeroCooLZ666
join:2003-12-02
Jefferson, ME

ZeroCooLZ666

Yar, I got Extreme installed on the 27th. Hello 5 Mbit upload in Jefferson.

At first I didn't believe this was really happening this soon due to not finding any official announcement at first plus this website died at the same time so no where to discuss about it (lol, what timing) but finally I found an official TW public news announcement confirming it.

Going from 1MBit UL to 2 then to 5 all in the span of weeks sure is awesome.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
We are still waiting for our turn in south texas for Docsis 3 to be turned on but I recall it being this month though.
whiteyonenh
join:2004-08-09
Keene, NH

whiteyonenh to swintec

to swintec
Got it in Keene, NH, installed 4/30, the required ubee gateway device is rediculously big, got it bridged with a linksys e3000 running tomatousb. 5mbit upload is a beautiful thing when you're trying to run cloud-based stuff

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by whiteyonenh:

Got it in Keene, NH, installed 4/30, the required ubee gateway device is rediculously big, got it bridged with a linksys e3000 running tomatousb. 5mbit upload is a beautiful thing when you're trying to run cloud-based stuff

[att=1]

Did they come out and install it, and did you have to pay the $49.99 install fee?
swintec

swintec to ZeroCooLZ666

Premium Member

to ZeroCooLZ666
said by ZeroCooLZ666:

At first I didn't believe this was really happening this soon due to not finding any official announcement at first plus this website died at the same time so no where to discuss about it (lol, what timing) but finally I found an official TW public news announcement confirming it.

I looked quickly around but didnt find any mention of it, except in the email outlining speed increases for normal tiers. They touched on wideband at the very bottom. Where did you see it?

I was calling all week of the 15th of april. On Thursday of that week I got a rep willing to add it...but the system refused. The next day another rep said not available. The next day, Saturday no less, I called in the afternoon and the rep (out in New York) added it like it was no big deal. Either she had magic fingers or they set everything up in the system the previous friday afternoon.

She said all sales for our division is out of new york now. Can anyone confirm this? New England used to have all of there departments in Portland. Anything left here?
whiteyonenh
Keene, NH

whiteyonenh to swintec

to swintec
I ordered online, the online order charged a $18 professional install fee, and claimed Free Wifi Installation. I was on promo for $35/mo for turbo. Online order got stuck in the process, and had to speak with someone over the phone to complete the order. Ended up with Extreme @ $50/mo. My promo price may not match up with others, I was on a retentions offer for turbo prior to getting extreme.

The statement came out yesterday, with both the $18 fee, and the $50 install fee. Called up, and they credited the $50 fee, I guess they're supposedly doing a promotion right now on it, and the person that placed the order didn't properly put it in.

Equipment: Ubee DDW3611 8x4 Docsis 3.0 gateway.
Currently Active: 4 Downstreams @ 256QAM, 1 Upstream @ 16QAM

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by whiteyonenh:

Equipment: Ubee DDW3611 8x4 Docsis 3.0 gateway.
Currently Active: 4 Downstreams @ 256QAM, 1 Upstream @ 16QAM

New $2.50 monthly modem rental fee though right?

I am glad I purchased my Moto early last month at $80. Between any install fees that would have been charged and rental fee per month I will end up ahead of the game pretty quickly.

Plus not having to wait days or weeks for an install was great.

Wish someone on the 50/5 would come in and comment on it.
whiteyonenh
Keene, NH

whiteyonenh

said by swintec:

New $2.50 monthly modem rental fee though right?

I am glad I purchased my Moto early last month at $80. Between any install fees that would have been charged and rental fee per month I will end up ahead of the game pretty quickly.

Plus not having to wait days or weeks for an install was great.

Wish someone on the 50/5 would come in and comment on it.

I didn't see any rental fee on my bill at all, maybe only for new customers? Of note, the $50 "Home Network Install" was credited back yesterday, and my online account now says $74 due by May 24th.

I also don't/didn't see the point in the 50/5, as the only time i use the download really is for ftping files from my server for periodic backups (MySQL, backing up configs, etc), and those aren't really very large. The upload is quite nice though, if they offered 50/10 it might be more enticing.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
"She said all sales for our division is out of new york now. Can anyone confirm this? New England used to have all of there departments in Portland. Anything left here?"

Sales for the North East has been consolidated in Albany. Billing and video support is still local.

Hob

hawk82
join:2001-04-26
centralmaine

hawk82 to swintec

to swintec
Anyone have an idea what Business Class packages will be priced at? rrpro.com wasn't updated last time I checked. I'm on a month-to-month contract under a grandfathered tier.

ZeroCooLZ666
join:2003-12-02
Jefferson, ME

ZeroCooLZ666 to swintec

to swintec
said by swintec:

said by ZeroCooLZ666:

I looked quickly around but didnt find any mention of it, except in the email outlining speed increases for normal tiers. They touched on wideband at the very bottom. Where did you see it?

I was calling all week of the 15th of april. On Thursday of that week I got a rep willing to add it...but the system refused. The next day another rep said not available. The next day, Saturday no less, I called in the afternoon and the rep (out in New York) added it like it was no big deal. Either she had magic fingers or they set everything up in the system the previous friday afternoon.

She said all sales for our division is out of new york now. Can anyone confirm this? New England used to have all of there departments in Portland. Anything left here?

These are the ones I found:

»mattw.bangordailynews.co ··· stomers/

»www.pitchengine.com/time ··· -england

»www.cedmagazine.com/news ··· -adds-d3

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec to whiteyonenh

Premium Member

to whiteyonenh
Weird, it isnt called Extreme Internet on my bill. It says "RoadRunner Extreme 30 Mb".

cosmokramer
join:2009-02-18
Portland, ME

cosmokramer to swintec

to swintec

So happy 3

Has been extremely consistent as well.