share rss forum feed

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL

SWTOR

Anyone still playing?

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
I quit last month. Mainly due to time constraints.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
reply to jofos
On a gaming hiatus until final exams are over on the 15th. Not sure what I'm going to do after that. It might be TOR; it might be Tera; it might be D3.
--
Verizon FIOS

OmenQ
Spazz
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Continuum
reply to jofos
I am. Still enjoying myself too.
--
Cogito Ergo Nom

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to jofos
Dropped it a couple months ago out of boredom. Hated sitting at fleet and waiting for over an hour to get hardmode FP groups together, and I didn't hit 50 until after the WZ change so I started getting smoked by all the people who were able to farm pvp gear from the exploits on Ilum.

crazediamond
Maybe you shouldn't be so proud?
Premium
join:2002-01-19
Atlanta, GA
reply to jofos
yes, moving to fatman helped a lot since there are people and stuff goes on.

i'll have 1 month of time left on my account after d3 comes out, so i don't know long term what i'll be up to.

MarkM
Premium
join:2004-03-22
Saint Peters, MO
kudos:13
reply to jofos
I gave up SWTOR for Tera. I find that the dynamic combat is much more fun for me.

CFHJustin73

join:2008-08-17
reply to jofos
I still play. Leveling up so not too bored, but haven't had to wait on FP so time will tell. I'm sure LFD is in the plans or possible server swaps. I'm in a pretty decent size guild, so I think FP's will be easier.

Shatter

join:2006-07-24
Waterford, MI
reply to jofos
I play but Im not as driven as I once was. If GW2 was out today I would cancel but since thats the title I'm waiting on I will probably play TOR until it comes out. D3 and Tera do not interest me, nor does TSW. I may just keep leveling alts until Ive done all the class stories, not sure yet. On that note I will say I still have high hopes for TOR in the future that they will eventually get decent world PvP in at some point and maybe even space PvP but anything like that is probably 2-3 years away if the game lives that long.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to jofos
Dropped it. After getting one character to 50 and being bored out of my mind waiting for FP groups to form, I couldn't stomache leveling another character. I tried but bailed around level 35. Some of the later planets you level on have so much wasted travel time between mission areas you feel like you're just sight seeing instead of playing.

Caledfwlch10

join:2010-05-03
reply to jofos
I'm still playing it. Just hit 9,000,000 credits last night.

Fettuccine_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to jofos
I still play..not as much as before but still play when i can. I started leveling up an alt and actually think i like it better than my main. Unfortunately my guild has dropped off a bit so thats taken out a little excitement.

Good news. I was listening to a swtor podcast that interview one of the developers and they said free realm transfers will be coming soon. Basically (from what they said) they havent lost alot of subs from the beginning however ppl are playing less which makes trying to find groups harder. Now that they kinda have an idea of where everyone's avg play time is, they can combine realms more efficiently. He didnt say anything though about a lfg option.

Jaided

join:2009-11-13
Mount Laurel, NJ
reply to jofos
I've stopped playing for the most part. After the excitement of launch and early access my interest just trailed off. The game was really good looking at first, but like an old girlfriend, it just got boring after awhile. Too many of the areas looked the same except for the colors that were used. many of the maps were rehashed and not really new. From planet to planet I could tell what was around the corner, or what was at the end of a cave tunnel etc... That bit of lazy development, plus the whole looking for groups mess just wore me down. I still have time left on my subscription, but I'm done after that.

IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada
kudos:2
reply to jofos
I was getting bored for a while but I found a good, fairly large guild and I've started joining their HM ops and FP, which satisfies my attention requirements.

habya
Premium
join:2003-05-29
Huntsville, AL
reply to jofos
Not really playing anymore. Went back to Aion for the time being.

gaforces
United We Stand, Divided We Fall

join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA
reply to jofos
Im still playing. Cleared the new ops on story now were having trouble getting enough geared people for hard mode.
Started an alt sage and I'm having fun melting faces in warzones.
--
Let them eat FIBER!

Jehu
Claimed
Premium
join:2002-09-13
MA
kudos:2
reply to jofos
still playing, still loving

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to jofos
I picked it up a little over a month ago to bridge me to D3. Come May 15th, I don't ever plan on logging in again. I have enjoyed the story lines but some of the layouts are just plain stupid. Die on a quest on Voss and it's a 5 minute run back to where you were.

Other minor things irritate me about the game, too. It's been fun but I'm anxious to get on to Diablo 3.

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ
reply to jofos
Waiting until it goes free to play.

I was bored to tears in beta

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA
reply to jofos
I quit lil over a month ago. My server was absolutely dead, bot hacks killed the economy and getting max level and end game gear in a few weeks of play kinda killed it for me.

Playing Tera Online now and loving it. It has a bit of polishing as any new MMO will, but lots of fun to play.
--
»www.freakynorm.com

Chuck_IV

join:2003-11-18
Connecticut
reply to jofos
I'm still playing. After the initial start, a few RL friends came over from WOW and we leveled up. They liked the change from WOW and got a bunch more of their online friends to come over and we have a nice little guild now.

I have a 50 on the Imperial side but we are not leveling on the Republic side. I'm around lvl 30 now. It's still fun for me.

CFHJustin73

join:2008-08-17
reply to jofos
I still wish I could remove my authenticator on the website instead of waiting for customer service. I just hit lvl 40 last night so I'm getting close to HM's. I might even make 50 before D3 gets here but I doubt it. I think they need LFG before they do server moves. Does anyone know what all they have in mind for 1.3 besides the Legacy stuff?

Caledfwlch10

reply to Mcrobrewer
said by Mcrobrewer:

Blizzard's new MMO will be out by the time SWTOR goes free to play. At best that's a solid 2-3 years away.

cheesyyellow

join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA
I quit playing about 2 months ago. I got bored pretty quickly and I think I'm just burnt out on the whole MMO genre. 6 years of WoW will do that.

Caledfwlch10

said by cheesyyellow:

I got bored pretty quickly and I think I'm just burnt out on the whole MMO genre. 6 years of WoW will do that.

I'm getting to that point myself. Of course I've played RPG's for about 23 or 24 years now. Started with books then moved to BBS's then to the internet.

Speaking of that if anyone wants to buy any original D&D books some me a PM.

stiki

join:2010-01-25
reply to Caledfwlch10
I wouldnt be so sure of swtor not going f2p. They had there earning report the other day and are down 400k subs from last quarter or 20%. That is despite the fact that they have alot of people a free month at the end of the quarter.

cheesyyellow

join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA
reply to Caledfwlch10
said by Caledfwlch10:

said by cheesyyellow:

I got bored pretty quickly and I think I'm just burnt out on the whole MMO genre. 6 years of WoW will do that.

I'm getting to that point myself. Of course I've played RPG's for about 23 or 24 years now. Started with books then moved to BBS's then to the internet.

Speaking of that if anyone wants to buy any original D&D books some me a PM.

I'm in the same boat. I spent many hours playing Ultima 1-4 on my Atari 800 back in the day. Damn I'm old.

Caledfwlch10

reply to stiki
said by stiki:

I wouldnt be so sure of swtor not going f2p. They had there earning report the other day and are down 400k subs from last quarter or 20%. That is despite the fact that they have alot of people a free month at the end of the quarter.

They said they only needed around 500,000 to be profitable. A dip from 1.7 to 1.3 isn't getting them into that range yet. It will go f2p eventually like WoW will as well. The only question is when.

Caledfwlch10

reply to cheesyyellow
said by cheesyyellow:

I'm in the same boat. I spent many hours playing Ultima 1-4 on my Atari 800 back in the day. Damn I'm old.

I was cleaning boxes over the week-end and found my original NES Final Fantasy game in the box with manual. That brought back a lot of memories.

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ
reply to Caledfwlch10
said by Caledfwlch10:

said by Mcrobrewer:

Blizzard's new MMO will be out by the time SWTOR goes free to play. At best that's a solid 2-3 years away.

I am guessing it will go F2P sooner.... It might be making "enough" money now... but many games have shown they can greatly increase revenue by the F2P move.
--
Obama is a liar.... a cheat... a person of low moral character... the least common denominator...