spc
uniqs
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to nycdave

to nycdave

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

nycdave, do you know if the audio driver issue on 7XXX boxes (the one that caused "stuttering/distortion" on Pandora and Verizon Media Manager streaming) was fixed?

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar

Numerous Firmware updates have been made to address the numerous audio and video issues. I need more time to see what is fixed and still an issue.

Pandora *should* be fixed in this release.
said by PJL:

nycdave, do you know if the audio driver issue on 7XXX boxes (the one that caused "stuttering/distortion" on Pandora and Verizon Media Manager streaming) was fixed?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Lets hope you don't uncover any issues - this release was extensively tested as usual, and it looks to be very stable so far.....(let the bashing start)..

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar

My first reaction is: WOW! Since a lot of what I asked for is in it

Nothing is perfect... But I'm trying!
said by nycdave:

Lets hope you don't uncover any issues - this release was extensively tested as usual, and it looks to be very stable so far.....(let the bashing start)..

Anon
Anon

Anon

Anon

Did they fix the bookmark images ?

Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont.

siersema
join:2005-06-16
Mansfield, TX

siersema to nascar

to nascar
Will the update fix recordings prior to the update? Several movies have jitters, audio/video freezes. Would like to see the movie 'whole'!

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to nascar

to nascar
said by nascar:

Numerous Firmware updates have been made to address the numerous audio and video issues. I need more time to see what is fixed and still an issue

why can't they release this firmware for those that have 1.9a?...why is it limited to only 1.9.1 for?...the changes in the software can't be that drastic can it?

nycdave
MVM
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

1.9.1 is the upgrade from 1.9A.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy

said by nycdave:

maybe I should rephrase ...I meant how come a firmware update cannot be released for those with 1.9a installed that corrects the audio/video issues many of us have been experiencing post-1.9a update?...why is 1.9.1 the only solution?
prisaz
join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD

prisaz

I always asked why we cant just have a color schemes setting. Why do colors have to have anything to do with the 1.9a to 1.9.1 bug fix upgrade. I could understand guide resolution, but why colors. If they were going to have color changes, there should have been a selection of classic and modern, like I sugested for 1.9!
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

said by nycdave:

maybe I should rephrase ...I meant how come a firmware update cannot be released for those with 1.9a installed that corrects the audio/video issues many of us have been experiencing post-1.9a update?...why is 1.9.1 the only solution?

Then release it slowly so not everyone calls with questions or problems at one time. One DAC at a time. Normally a slow spin first (a small number people only), than a week or two later a fast spin to the rest of the people in that DAC.

nycdave
MVM
Melville, NY

nycdave to TitusTroy

MVM

to TitusTroy
Because 1.9.1 fixes all of the known issues with 1.9A, so 1.9.1 is the solution. How else do you think these issues get fixed?
PJL
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

PJL to nascar

to nascar
said by nascar:

Numerous Firmware updates have been made to address the numerous audio and video issues. I need more time to see what is fixed and still an issue.

Pandora *should* be fixed in this release.

said by PJL:

Unfortunately, the streaming audio problem is NOT fixed. Pandora and Verizon Media Manager streaming audio is NOT fixed. I've been waiting since October for these things to be fixed and they are not.
I think the color scheme is terrible! It's old school and depressing. Lack of gradiants, dark backgrounds, etc. show a total lack of creativity. Other companies can get it right on this, but Verizon can't. It is so unfortunate. 1.9 was WAY better. Complaints are popping up on other forums already.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

1 edit

johnf2

Premium Member

said by PJL:

I think the color scheme is terrible! It's old school and depressing. Lack of gradiants, dark backgrounds, etc. show a total lack of creativity. Other companies can get it right on this, but Verizon can't. It is so unfortunate. 1.9 was WAY better.

UPDATE: got the slow spin. Will be able to give a more subjective opinion upon seeing it and the guide differences from 1.9 version.
bolt1963_t
join:2012-05-03

bolt1963_t

Forgot my VHO and DAC. Got the 1.9.1 update this morning in Redondo Beach, CA (los angeles). Its already been said, but the new color scheme is way too dark. Do not like. Then again, sure I will get used to it fairly quick, can't please everyone.
Anon
Anon

Anon to PJL

Anon

to PJL

Unfortunately, the streaming audio problem is NOT fixed. Pandora and Verizon Media Manager streaming audio is NOT fixed. I've been waiting since October for these things to be fixed and they are not.

we were under the impression we had fixed this issue.
can you provide me with contact info so our technical team can get in touch and troubleshoot what you are experiencing?

thanks

malcolm, Verizon...
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by :

we were under the impression we had fixed this issue.
can you provide me with contact info so our technical team can get in touch and troubleshoot what you are experiencing?

thanks

malcolm, Verizon...

Malcolm, I will provide via private mail on the Verizon forums, not here. Although I recognize your first name, I won't give out that type information to a screen name on this forum.