spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Scearse3

join:2012-05-10

HughesNet complaint

I live in an area where the only options are either dial-up or HughesNet. I have had both. I am an online college student so dial-up would not do; I was left with HughesNet. The complaint is that we verified a family member's address and all that, then we find out that HughesNet added the family member to our account without verification. On top of that, we were unknowingly paying the two bills. Hughes added the family member to our account and tried saying that when a person signs up and a card is used, the person verifying for someone else automatically accepts that person onto their account as well. We called and argued with billing; none the less in the Philippines; that you cannot understand what they are saying half the time, said that the $748.00 paid on the other account was justifiable and we could not get our money back. We are out the money over the HughesNet unlawfully using our information, and adding someone to our account without verification or questioning if that person is supposed to be added or not. We feel violated and feel that we are owed the money paid on someone else's services that should not have been on ours in the first place. Hughes would not reimburse our money, and when asked to have the amount credited to our account, we were told that they could not do that. Also we were told that the only way to separate the family member from our account was to pay the remaining balance the family member had ran up. The only thing corporate did was separate the account. Money is hard to come by and to be deceived for almost $800.00 is a lot for us. I want to seek legal action but don't know if I have a valid case since Hughes says they cannot send me the billing information, or statements of any kind pertaining to my account. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Send suggestions to the email below.
lscearse@yahoo.com

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Need to move this over to »HughesNet Satellite.

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5
reply to Scearse3
Generally speaking, this particular complaint makes no sense to me, or probably to most of us, here. The number of people on an account has nothing to do with Hughes billing, which is done by the number of actual modems in use. Since it was mentioned that this was done by "card" it would be simple to get a chargeback through the card company.

Otherwise, the best place to post this is where Hughes employees will see it, at »community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet
--
Motosat self-pointing dishes: 1.2-meter XF-3 on 127W, .74 meter G74 on 127W, SL-5 HD DirecTV|idirect 3100|Hughes HN7000S|Verizon UMW190 Air Card|1990 Blue Bird Wanderlodge Bus "Blue Thunder"|Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV
reply to Scearse3
If you can't get statements to your own account than you are not the one on the account!

Scearse3

join:2012-05-10
yes I am on the account. They denied me access.

Pesimist

join:2007-07-09
Valley, AL
Dispute the charges with your credit card company.

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV
reply to Scearse3
Makes no sence, you should do what dbirdman says and go to the hughes community and Sara will probably look into this for you.