Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6
reply to thorhtpc

Re: [DVR] Set Top Box price increase

screenshot?

thorhtpc

join:2012-05-10
Redondo Beach, CA
Click for full size
Here's a screenshot

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
This was discussed a couple of times prior to the dslreports crash. I actually received an email about it way back at the beginning of March.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to thorhtpc
That is a very confusing price change as I live in Jersey and received a letter in the mail saying my stbs would increase $1 from $5.99 to $6.99. Reading what you posted seems to imply its a $2 increase...

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
It seems we'll get a $3 total increase.

I remember the days when we didn't need these boxes and got all of out channels FREE from an antenna

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
said by Jackarino:

It seems we'll get a $3 total increase.

I remember the days when we didn't need these boxes and got all of out channels FREE from an antenna

What's stopping you from doing that now? Granted you would get about 400 less channels, but, OTA is still free.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
In this day in age, I couldn't do it b/c of all the sports channels, etc.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
said by Jackarino:

In this day in age, I couldn't do it b/c of all the sports channels, etc.

But you didn't get the sports channels "back in the day" either, you can get the same broadcast channels for free now what you could get for free then.

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6
reply to thorhtpc
said by thorhtpc:

Here's a screenshot

Thanks i just checked and see the same thing..... Centon here i come

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
reply to kes601
True, but I watch alot more out of market games now that I cannot get over Antenna.

tennisman94

join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL

1 edit
reply to Onedollar
said by Onedollar:

Ditto on the Ceton, I'm just waiting on the Q and echos. With any luck it'll be a whole home TV/Netflix/Bluray solution (even if the last bit takes a little massaging)

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

1 edit
reply to Onedollar
said by Onedollar:

said by thorhtpc:

Here's a screenshot

read before you buy, I did , it's still too problematic and the USB box seems worse than the internal card. I went with the Silicon HDhomerun 6 tuner. works great, every computer in the house can records it's own channels in it's harddrive, most computers can record one or 2 streams with no hesitation. you do need a gigabit switch and gigabit cards in your computers. working great here.

all recordings default to C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV
to playback just go there and double click the recording you want.

I love the HD quickTV app to watch tv, all the channels are showing on the right side vertically and disapper when you select a channel, for all heavy things like recording shows or series you use Windows Media Center.

as soon as I get some spending cash will put together a new computer with a few cores like the new Bulldozer chips so I can set ONE box to record up to 6 channels at once and be able to do it smoothly. all my current machines are OLD dells with P4's and they work ok with 2 channels at once, have not tried more than that, no time lately to play with it