Download Test Size:: 12.8 MB or 13107 kB or 13421773 bytes
Download Speed:: 2016 kB/s or 2 MB/s
Upload Connection:: 10713 Kbps or 10.5 Mbps
Upload Test Size:: 5.8 MB or 5983 kB or 6126840 bytes
Upload Speed:: 1339 kB/s or 1.3 MB/s
Tested At:: »TestMy.net version:12
Test Time:: 2012-05-15 20:21:31 Local Time
Validation:: »testmy.net/db/gOAQ5Yn.H4AayxG
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0) [!]

Are there any other speed test sites you would like me to run? I didn't know about the OOKLA sites. I still think that the results from testmy.net are great for LTE. Is there a more in depth speed test?

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

Hi ScooterRC, the only reason I was questioning the original speedtest.net test was that . . .
the theoretical LIMIT of the HomeFusion 4G LTE is about 12mbps down, and 5mpbs up (not sure whether that's a limit of the TOWER, or cantenna (antenna).

How far are you away from the LTE tower?

There is another speedtest I try sometimes . . .

»www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest2/

something else that might be going on is....like cable HSI, there is sometimes a "powerboost" during the first minute or two of the download. not sure if LTE does this or not, but it would definately inflate your download speed, since most speedtests are less than 20-30 seconds (which is the time frame for the powerboost).

ALSO, LTE is for the most part "under-used" in some communities. Until more smartphones hop on, you might see your tower is under-utilized. HomeFusion was used to bring revenue in that aspect as well.

anyway, those look like great speeds.....Just down blow thru your cap doing speedtests all the time!!!

Keep us updated! My brother is outside cable/dsl, and I might recommend this to him if it proves to be a winner (He is 5 miles from the LTE tower).

said by ScooterRC:

:::.. Combined Test Results ..:::
Download Connection:: 16130 Kbps or 15.8 Mbps
Download Test Size:: 12.8 MB or 13107 kB or 13421773 bytes
Download Speed:: 2016 kB/s or 2 MB/s
Upload Connection:: 10713 Kbps or 10.5 Mbps
Upload Test Size:: 5.8 MB or 5983 kB or 6126840 bytes
Upload Speed:: 1339 kB/s or 1.3 MB/s
Tested At:: »TestMy.net version:12
Test Time:: 2012-05-15 20:21:31 Local Time
Validation:: »testmy.net/db/gOAQ5Yn.H4AayxG
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0) [!]

Are there any other speed test sites you would like me to run? I didn't know about the OOKLA sites. I still think that the results from testmy.net are great for LTE. Is there a more in depth speed test?

Lamiel

join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI
Reviews:
·Skyweb Online

said by compuguybna:

Hi ScooterRC, the only reason I was questioning the original speedtest.net test was that . . .
the theoretical LIMIT of the HomeFusion 4G LTE is about 12mbps down, and 5mpbs up (not sure whether that's a limit of the TOWER, or cantenna (antenna).

How far are you away from the LTE tower?

There is another speedtest I try sometimes . . .

»www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest2/

something else that might be going on is....like cable HSI, there is sometimes a "powerboost" during the first minute or two of the download. not sure if LTE does this or not, but it would definately inflate your download speed, since most speedtests are less than 20-30 seconds (which is the time frame for the powerboost).

ALSO, LTE is for the most part "under-used" in some communities. Until more smartphones hop on, you might see your tower is under-utilized. HomeFusion was used to bring revenue in that aspect as well.

anyway, those look like great speeds.....Just down blow thru your cap doing speedtests all the time!!!

Keep us updated! My brother is outside cable/dsl, and I might recommend this to him if it proves to be a winner (He is 5 miles from the LTE tower).

I believe that the 5-12 down and 2-5 up estimate is not at all a contrived or controlled limitation. As I understand it, Verizon is merely giving that as the ball-park figure in order to keep people's expectations in check. The last I knew, Verizon was using those same numbers on all their LTE advertising, including smartphones and hotspot devices.
--
Core2Quad Q9450 @ 3.4GHz, XFX 780i SLI mobo, MSI GTX 560 OC, 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2-1066, Samsung 20x optical, Samsung F3 1TB HDD, Antec TP3 650 watt PSU, CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case, Win7 Home Premium 64 bit...

ScooterRC

join:2012-05-15
Fresno, CA
reply to compuguybna

I just downloaded a 1.1GB file that I have been waiting for(Darn mifi device with 10GB limit) and it took ~9.5 minutes. From that "test" I would say that there is no "speed boost" feature on the LTE. The tech did say I had the best signal he had seen in his short time installing HomeFushion.

As for the tower, the tech said it was south/east of my location. I did not know there was a tower in that direction. I will have to search for the location to determin how far away I am from it. Any clue as to how I can find it easily?

For anybody concerned with going over your GB limit, I have used the mifi 4510L for a while with the 10GB limit and usually use between 9 and 12GB a month. I am currently going to school and I game heavily on the ps3. I do have to stay away from heavy youtube watching and Netflix is out of the question.

For anybody looking into this device I would say that so far it is great. Higher GB limit and a lot better speeds. I think the biggest part of the speed is because of the dedicated outdoor antenna(cantenna). Also I have had problems with my mifi device staying connected to the 4G network. It always wanted to switch back to 3G for some reason. So far this device I have had no issues.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

Keep us posted! Looks like ALOT better than a sat. alternative. Exede 12mbps looked like an alternative, but homeFusion has higher limits. My brother is needing faster internet bad.

PS. Any way to tell your signal levels in a diagnostic page.
Should be measured as a figure called RSSI and EC/IO

said by ScooterRC:

I just downloaded a 1.1GB file that I have been waiting for(Darn mifi device with 10GB limit) and it took ~9.5 minutes. From that "test" I would say that there is no "speed boost" feature on the LTE. The tech did say I had the best signal he had seen in his short time installing HomeFushion.

As for the tower, the tech said it was south/east of my location. I did not know there was a tower in that direction. I will have to search for the location to determin how far away I am from it. Any clue as to how I can find it easily?

For anybody concerned with going over your GB limit, I have used the mifi 4510L for a while with the 10GB limit and usually use between 9 and 12GB a month. I am currently going to school and I game heavily on the ps3. I do have to stay away from heavy youtube watching and Netflix is out of the question.

For anybody looking into this device I would say that so far it is great. Higher GB limit and a lot better speeds. I think the biggest part of the speed is because of the dedicated outdoor antenna(cantenna). Also I have had problems with my mifi device staying connected to the 4G network. It always wanted to switch back to 3G for some reason. So far this device I have had no issues.