how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NiteSn0w

join:2010-12-24
reply to Mele20

Re: Require DOCSIS 3 modem?

DOCSIS 3.0 is needed for anything above 10 Megabits because of lack of capacity under DOCSIS 1.0. There is no such thing as DOCSIS 1.5. DOCSIS 3.0 has channel bonding, and in most DOCSIS 3 markets TW uses 4x1 Channel bonding configurations allowing for a maximum potential of 152 Megabit/s downstream per node and 27 Megabit/s upstream per channel which gets shared by the number of customers on the node actively using their connection at any given time. TW usually deploys more than two upstream channels but they're not bonded. You can't flash modems to DOCSIS 3, DOCSIS 3 requires a different tuner that can connect to 4 or 8 channels simultaneously. You can buy your own surfboard modem and use it on TW's network look into the SB6141 it provides amazing performance and stability. Please keep your unintelligible comments to yourself.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
I made a typo and I apologized and corrected it. So, how come you are such a SHIT? We are on DOCSIS 1.1 not 1.0 or 1.5 that I mistakenly typed in my post where I ALSO typed 1.1 and then later corrected the mistake I made when typing 1.5. I suppose you are perfect and have never made a typo in your entire life. How nice.

You are the one who should keep your unintelligible remarks to yourself:

A: I am on Standard RR which 10/1. DOCSIS 3 is NOT needed! I will not be upgrading. I plan to stay on 10/1.

B: What does DOCSIS 1.0 have to do with this discussion? Nothing. Why did you bring it up?

C: I never said anything about flashing modems to DOCSIS 3. I think you can't read. I said that Oceanic told me that DOCSIS 1.1 modems can be flashed to DOCSIS 2 so that IPv6 will work with them.

D: Oceanic TWC has NEVER allowed us to purchase our modems. So, why are you saying I should do something that we not allowed to do?

You are the one making the "unintelligible" remarks.

--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

roflberries

@twcable.com
said by Mele20:

We are on DOCSIS 1.1 and ONLY 30/5 and 50/5 needs the DOCSIS 3 modem. So, TWC is going to tell Oceanic to throw away all the modems in the field because almost none of them can be flashed to support DOCSIS 3? That's nuts.