spc
uniqs
keenan424
join:2003-01-13
Santa Rosa, CA

keenan424 to spookypuff66

to spookypuff66

Re: [BW Meter] Comcast to Replace Usage Cap

I believe the concern was that the meter would go away and instead the customer would have to rely on notifications from Comcast that they were getting close to the cap limit, not a very efficient method in my opinion, and if I had to guess I would say the meters would still be in place with any new cap system, at least I certainly hope so.

If you're going to apply punitive measures for excessive data usage, on any capped/metered system, then you better supply a method for tracking that data usage.

jlivingood
Premium Member
join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA

jlivingood

Premium Member

said by keenan424:

I believe the concern was that the meter would go away and instead the customer would have to rely on notifications from Comcast that they were getting close to the cap limit, not a very efficient method in my opinion, and if I had to guess I would say the meters would still be in place with any new cap system, at least I certainly hope so.

Oh! Well, the meter to track your usage isn't going away...

From the FAQs @ »customer.comcast.com/hel ··· ive-use/
Q. Will you continue to offer access to the data usage meter?
A. Yes.The Data Usage Meter is an easy and quick way for customers to track their Internet data usage. The primary account holder can find it by signing onto Comcast.net and logging into “My Account.” Then click on “Users and Settings,” look in the “My Devices” section (located toward the upper right hand of the screen), and click on “View Details.” From there, you can view your Data Usage Meter details page that shows your monthly data usage. We're working on ways to make the Data Usage Meter even easier to find and track.

More information about the Data Usage Meter can be found on our Network Management page at »networkmanagement.comcas ··· eter.htm.
keenan424
join:2003-01-13
Santa Rosa, CA

keenan424

Well, that should allay the fears of many of the posters here, thanks for the confirmation.
Expand your moderator at work