spc
uniqs
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to cypherstream

to cypherstream

Re: [DVR] Spectrum Quad Tuner DVR revealed

Someone that works for Comcast mentioned that the Dayviewer is going live in the Boston DMA as of 5-30-12. New customers only because it requires the new box and it sounds like it is a download on the new guide (similar to the TiVo software) but he wasn't exactly sure. Current customers won't be getting it because 1. they don't want to do truck rolls for it. 2. eventually it will be on available on current boxes (i assume not all).

It will be only available in Motorola areas. It will have it's on dedicated support team to answer all technical issues.

The X1 DVR will have only 3 tuners active at the start (no clue why).
Also he was told 500 GB DVR. (sounds like it will store on the box not the cloud?)

She did mention limited information is available to her because she doesn't real deal with it and because it just came out.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

said by aguiar0016:

Current customers won't be getting it because 1. they don't want to do truck rolls for it. 2. eventually it will be on available on current boxes (i assume not all).

What if someone offers to go pick it up at the local office?

Eventually it will be on all boxes? Yeah ok in what century? Also the Intel chipset on the X1 is going to make it perform better than the Broadcom chipset in the other set tops.
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

No pickup at local office has to be tech install. At least for now.

Yeah i agree not all boxes will get it.
lorennerol
Premium Member
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA

lorennerol

Premium Member

Comcast showing once again how much they think of their existing sub base. Hello, churn.
Jeremy W
join:2010-01-21

Jeremy W

said by lorennerol:

Comcast showing once again how much they think of their existing sub base. Hello, churn.

The vast majority of their subscribers will have no idea what this is. And they're obviously going to offer to existing customers at some point, probably in the near future. It's really not that big of a deal.