Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rmckofke

join:2001-05-15
Staten Island, NY
reply to Thinkdiff

Re: New Giga Actiontec Rocks

I just called the store and they said that they wouldn't swap it for a new one unless they were instructed to by support so I'll need to call them first - I guess I'll just order the router on my own and pony up the $$

Klownicle

join:2005-03-15
Sarasota, FL

I walked in and they switched my router (old rev e/d) out as a repair. It was pushed by a fiber tech in the office that I meant the other day. He just handed them the router and said run it as a repair and take the old router.

So ie; just like if you were switching out a set-top-box.

Wasn't charged a thing. Maybe it helps if you know someone I don't know. But didn't seem like that big of a issue. No one made a fuss about it.

What the tech told me, is just bring it in and say its broken that they give out the new wireless n routers as standard now.

JLKSJD

@verizon.net
reply to rmckofke

It seems that if you are in a big market like NY they don't allow these types of free "upgrades."

I tried swapping my old model DVR for the new 7232 model and they said that they don't have any in stock. A few months ago all stores in the NY Metro area, when called, claimed that these DVRs are available only via online odering, i.e. paying a fee.

I guess if there is too much of a demand for a free upgrade they will ration the supply to cut costs.