IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada
kudos:2
reply to Guspaz

Re: DSLR Restore Progress

said by Guspaz:

I'd like to introduce you to my friends [...]

None of which has anything to do with the author of the post I responded to suggesting that incremental backups were the end-all, be-all of backups and that they were free, didn't take any space and could solve everyone's disaster recovery issues, which is all bullshit from someone who has absolutely no clue what a disaster recovery plan looks like.

I just find it silly the number of morons who think because they have an account on DSLR they're suddenly in a position to tell people how to run their systems even though they clearly have no fricking clue about the topic.
Expand your moderator at work

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to IamGimli

said by IamGimli:

....I just find it silly the number of morons who think because they have an account on DSLR....

One irony is that the person to whom you were responding was usually an anon poster, though he used a consistently recognizable algorithm for the names he chose, and only AFTER the fit hit the shan at DSLR, it was only THEN that he actually setup an account here.

The tone of his remarks has frequently been similar to the one which got your goat.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Davesnothere:

*usually* an anon poster, though he used a consistently recognizable algorithm for the names he chose,

Well he became an anon-poster, but he remarks have a lot in common with "chronoss" of way back when... so our on again off again anon poster is probably just a re-branded regular fixture/nuisance
--
Everything in moderation... Including Moderation --Oscar Wilde

Ott_Cable

@teksavvy.com
reply to Davesnothere

By the same logic "morons who think because they have an account on DSLR" should also apply to the person that pointed that out to everyone?

Disclaimer: I am just an anon and have no active accounts on DSLR...

kim
That Chick
Premium,Mod
join:2001-03-25
ON
kudos:8

1 recommendation

Some of our best posters are anon. It doesn't make anyone's contributions 'less' of anything because they don't have an account.
--
Fluent in 3 languages: English, Sarcasm and Sexual Innuendo.

Enter Name

@videotron.ca
reply to El Quintron

said by El Quintron:

Well he became an anon-poster, but he remarks have a lot in common with "chronoss" of way back when... so our on again off again anon poster is probably just a re-branded regular fixture/nuisance

Whoa. I don't think anyone comes close to chronos... well ok, that "chuck" guy I guess you are all talking about is somewhat close... but still... it isn't really that close. Magnitudes apart.

The crap the guy would make up in his mind was truly amazing. But then again he was hospitalized for the stuff his mind made up, so he had a reason and no choice i guess.

Magnitudes apart. Not even close.
Expand your moderator at work

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to Enter Name

said by Enter Name :

....Magnitudes apart. Not even close.

And a wonderful afternoon to YOU, 'Mister Videotronanon' !

There - I entered a name.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Enter Name

said by Enter Name :

said by El Quintron:

Whoa. I don't think anyone comes close to chronos... well ok, that "chuck" guy I guess you are all talking about is somewhat close... but still... it isn't really that close. Magnitudes apart.

funny=chuck=chronoss what pretty much what I was implying.
--
Everything in moderation... Including Moderation --Oscar Wilde

Chuckcar OTT

@teksavvy.com
reply to kim

It's not like i just put an ad in the want ads of the newspaper. Wanted login-er. You have to login for me at least twice per day forever. I pay top dollar. I'll tell you one thing if i don't have to login i won't because it's a nuisance.