uniqs
share rss forum feed

Uncle Paul

join:2003-02-04
USA
kudos:1
reply to baineschile

Re: I am a betting man

It means a greater reliance on product placement IN the tv show with cast almost doing a little mini live read for the product.

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27

You known "Uncle Paul", I really use Summer's Eve. It makes me feel cool and clean, like a summer's eve.

--
Splat

vpoko
Premium
join:2003-07-03
Boston, MA
reply to Uncle Paul

Speaking of which, I could really go for a Drake's Coffee Cake.

Uncle Paul

join:2003-02-04
USA
reply to cableties

I know you do... Remember, I'm your special Uncle.

But could you imagine a male police officer getting into the squad car and the shot shows him picking it up from the arm rest where his female partner had just put down her daily stuff as they prepare to head out for the day..

Joe: Really Mary?
Mary: Yea Joe, I'm a female and I really use Summer's Eve. It makes me feel cool and clean, like a summer's eve.

Just keepin it classy people... keepin it classy.

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
reply to Uncle Paul

said by Uncle Paul:

It means a greater reliance on product placement IN the tv show with cast almost doing a little mini live read for the product.

Or we go back 60 years to the era of live TV where the action stopped so the actors could deliver a commercial before the story resumed.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Uncle Paul

said by Uncle Paul:

If ad skipping becomes more prevalent, you are right, product placement within the show will happen. That also deals with piracy issues. You can't edit out ads when they are integrated to the shows storyline and dialog.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to Uncle Paul

Coming soon to a TV show/movie near you...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
reply to cableties

said by cableties:

You known "Uncle Paul", I really use Summer's Eve. It makes me feel cool and clean, like a summer's eve.

TROJAN MAAAAN!!!
--
The weekend is here, grab a can of beer!

bear73
Metnav... Fly The Unfriendly Skies
Premium
join:2001-06-09
Derry, NH
reply to Uncle Paul

how is that any different than what is done now? For example On USA show Burn Notice on 2010 when Hyundai was introducing its new model Genesis Coupe the show made a point to show off the car and its abilities. Then you have in video games how Hyundai paid the studios behind Forza 3 to have special races/competitions for the Genesis AND had big advertizing spots for competetions with REAL prizes where you could win a real Genesis... nope, there are retail placements in most every entertainment medium today. Its just time hollywood and the networks come to grips the gravy train is over, the world has changed (again)