uniqs

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

1 edit

gar187er to DocDrew

to DocDrew

Re: [X1] x1 or new hd in pittsburgh area (non-adelphia)?

said by DocDrew:

said by mikedz4:

thing is I have an 860mhz system and by this time next year I might be 1ghz BUT they might not have room for more channels even after the remaining analog are removed next month supposedly.

Why wouldn't they have room for more HD channels if the analog channels are being removed? What is the freed up bandwidth being used for?

BTW, don't expect much from the 860Mhz-1Ghz bandwidth for awhile... CPE that can use it is somewhat limited, other than DOCSIS 3 modems.

ummm wut?!?!

most MSO (comcast especially) arent running their docsis carriers are the top of the spectrum....doing so would be very very VERY dumb .....not just because of loss, but due to technical limitations that would cause issues (group delay, roll off, etc)....

MANY systems are 870mhz.....1 ghz system are rare....

but most d2 modems range up to 870mhz....

same goes for digital boxes....most (excluding OLD OLD boxes) also range to 870...

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew

Premium Member

You misunderstood what I wrote.

I said "DON'T expect much from the 860Mhz-1Ghz bandwidth for awhile". In others not much is going to use it, mainly for the reasons you went into which I already know..

gar187er
I DID this for a living
Seattle, WA

gar187er

said by DocDrew:

You misunderstood what I wrote.

I said "DON'T expect much from the 860Mhz-1Ghz bandwidth for awhile". In others not much is going to use it, mainly for the reasons you went into which I already know..

no i did understand what you wrote...you said not to....i said the only thing they dont put up high are docsis carriers..

most all cpe equipment makes use up to 870 as i wrote....so they use 256 qams for digital all the way up....no reason not to use it if its there...

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

I've seen some modem signal pages posted on this site with channel bonding in the 870-890 MHz range. I forget which company, I want to say Cox or Charter.

You can put a downstreams on RF CHs 133,134,135,136,137,138,139,140 (849 - 891 MHz)

The Docsis 1.1/2.0 can still lock onto 133,134 or 135 (849 - 861 MHz)
Docsis 3.0 modems will lock onto any random 4, or all 8 if you have an 8X4 modem.

Hey whatever happened to Vyyo 3 GHz overlay?
»sp.javelininnovations.co ··· ems.aspx

gar187er
I DID this for a living
Seattle, WA

gar187er

its not so much a company, but regions, but i would bitch and moan every day i came to work about having docsis carriers that high. but then again if its a 1gig system, amps are screaming hot, and not more then 5-6 deep....but in anycase it would be a nightmare to work in a system like that...