uniqs
share rss forum feed

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to mikedz4

Re: [X1] x1 or new hd in pittsburgh area (non-adelphia)?

I don't know why you don't have more if you are 860mhz... we still have 750 MHz nodes and technically are a 750MHz system, they are putting 1GHz nodes in as the old 750MHz nodes fail though, but there has not been a system wide replacement here and nor is one planned...

on 750MHz we have 8 channel down DOCSIS 3, 2 channel up, 150 HD channels plus all the SD channels... zero analogs even locals are QAM digital channels.. they sure crammed a lot into our area we have QAM's on the high end too, our system is pretty full now after our last HD adds

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
I was told that I may see 5 or 6 new channels depending on bandwidth and programming obligations.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to neufuse
said by neufuse:

I don't know why you don't have more if you are 860mhz...

he probably has the same as everyone else....mike just wants more more more...
--
I'm better than you!

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
said by gar187er:

....mike just wants more more more...

When/if he switches to DirecTV (WE here should be SO lucky!) I GUARANTEE you he'll want even MORE HD then - since they are probably missing MORE basic HD channels than most CC systems currently are.
I'm SURE as much of a busy life he has, he has not researched this out first!

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:17
reply to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

I was told that I may see 5 or 6 new channels depending on bandwidth and programming obligations.

5 or 6 HD channels take up the same bandwidth as 2 analog channels.

So how many other analog channels do you have that are going to be turned off? 30? 60? more?
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
I have 14 analog channels left to go to digital. So if 5 hd is equal to 2 analog then I SHOULD have room for a bunch more hd channels. I'm sure some of that bandwidth will be reserved for future services and maybe they will add other channels but I can't see how I would only see 5 or 6 new hd channels.
And I am paying $215 a month for digital premier plus an hd box.

I do want the x1 service also.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
youre paying $215 for tv service alone????
--
I'm better than you!

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
No all 3 services

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to gar187er
said by gar187er:

he probably has the same as everyone else....mike just wants more more more...

At least he has his priorities straight..."I'll keep moving until I have EVERY channel in this and all other universes."