spc
uniqs
bimmerdriver
join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC

bimmerdriver to insane_33

to insane_33

Re: [AB] actiontec wireless speed slow

Why would you think the best rate you will get will be 4.2 mbps? Did you make up that number? It could well be much closer to 6 mbps than the 3 mbps you are getting now. (I was on that plan a long time ago and for me it was around 6 mbps.) Note the bps rate is the "raw" rate. After overhead, the rate you get using speedtest will always be somewhat less.

Prices have come down, which is why they are offering a faster connection at a lower rate. The CSR will tell you the price including taxes and that's what it will be. If you get an upgrade, maybe they will give you a promotional rate. You have to work this out with Telus.

The speed of the connection is not dependent on the number of devices. The speed to a particular pc is obviously dependent on how heavily all of the pcs are using the connection. If you're concerned about this, you should upgrade to 6 mbps or whatever and if it's not fast enough, upgrade to high speed turbo.
insane_33
join:2012-05-26

insane_33

Yes i made the number up because the 3mbps gave me around 2mbps all the time. I hope you are right though. It would be great to get much better speeds!
I should have asked for the promotional rate but i have already upgraded though the change will happen sometime tommorow.
Thanks a lot guys this thread really helped me!
As soon as i am upgraded to 6mbps i will do the speed tests again and post the differences so someone can tell me if thats what i should be getting and so other people can see the difference as well
Thanks again guys i learned a lot from here!
insane_33

insane_33

Speedtests show 5.3 download speeds on the mac furthest from my router.
Thanks guys!
insane_33

insane_33

Speedtests show 5.3 download speeds on the mac furthest from my router.
Thanks guys!