spc
uniqs
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35

Re: [BW Meter] The Meter is Gone?

Right.. But they've really contradicted themselves when it comes down to it. They state that it won't be enforced during the trial but they will be contacting high bandwidth users still.

Tabbycatweee
@comcast.net

Tabbycatweee

Anon

said by ExoticFish:

Right.. But they've really contradicted themselves when it comes down to it. They state that it won't be enforced during the trial but they will be contacting high bandwidth users still.

How can they contradict themselves if they said its what they are going to do. There's no 250gb cap anymore. For awhile they will try some new stuff but none of it will result in people getting the boot. And maybe they call a few heavy folks but it has no effect or consequence whatsoever. So who honestly cares. There must be more interesting stuff going on?
ExoticFish
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

There's still a cap. Sheesh
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts

If they're not enforcing it right now, there is effectively no cap. As for the "we'll be calling the extreme users, still" claim, I'll believe that when I see it.

SpottedCat
join:2004-06-27
Miami, FL

SpottedCat to ExoticFish

to ExoticFish
This is kind of like the water company saying they're not going to bill you for each gallon anymore, but will still contact people who have a burst pipe in their yard spewing water up in the air.

They're not going to nitpick about a paltry 250GB anymore but if someone's pwn3d windows box is spewing 2TB a month of spam or pirated movies, they're definitely going to say something!

jlivingood
Premium Member
join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA

jlivingood to ExoticFish

Premium Member

to ExoticFish
said by ExoticFish:

Please refer to FAQs at »customer.comcast.com/hel ··· ive-use/

We used to have a 250GB usage limit, which is no longer in force. We are evaluating alternatives, though the markets and timing have not yet been announced, and the specific details on each trial is TBA.
ExoticFish
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

It was also stated the cap MAY NOT (not will not) be enforced WHILE THE TRIAL IS BEING DONE. The trial has not begun AFAIK since no trial areas have been announced.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to ExoticFish

Premium Member

to ExoticFish
said by ExoticFish:

You clearly didn't bother to read the blog, the thread, or the FAQ.

There is no cap until they figure out what the cap will be.
Alcohol

Alcohol to ExoticFish

Premium Member

to ExoticFish
said by ExoticFish:

It was also stated the cap MAY NOT (not will not) be enforced WHILE THE TRIAL IS BEING DONE. The trial has not begun AFAIK since no trial areas have been announced.

Enforcement has been suspended since the announcement. I like how you're arguing with the comcast employee who will obviously have a better understanding of this.
ExoticFish
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish to Alcohol

to Alcohol
I sure did read them all.
keenan424
join:2003-01-13
Santa Rosa, CA

keenan424 to jlivingood

to jlivingood
quote:
said by jlivingood See Profile
Please refer to FAQs at »customer.comcast.com/hel ··· ive-use/

We used to have a 250GB usage limit, which is no longer in force. We are evaluating alternatives, though the markets and timing have not yet been announced, and the specific details on each trial is TBA.
[/QUOTE :
So in response to the topic of this thread, and what it says in the below,
quote:
Q. Will you continue to offer access to the data usage meter?
A. Yes.The Data Usage Meter is an easy and quick way for customers to track their Internet data usage. The primary account holder can find it by signing onto Comcast.net and logging into “My Account.” Then click on “Users and Settings,” look in the “My Devices” section (located toward the upper right hand of the screen), and click on “View Details.” From there, you can view your Data Usage Meter details page that shows your monthly data usage. We're working on ways to make the Data Usage Meter even easier to find and track.
I should still be seeing a usage meter on my "Users & Settings" page? Even though it disappeared a few days after the cap suspension was put in place, I should assume that it's something with my account and not related to the cap suspension?

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

Yes you SHOULD still be able to see your meter.
However, occasionally even if you are correctly logged in it won't show up. (server busy or???)
Also the last day or so of the month it tends to disappear, which seems related to recording your monthly total.
So try again later, and if it still doesn't show after a few days then tell someone in the direct forum and they will reset it.