uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

2 edits

[Signals] azstu, your modem signals are out of spec

Split from this topic --> »[Signals] Evidence of Upstream Channel Bonding - Post Here
and in reply to this post ---> »Tucson, AZ

~sorto'

Your signals are horrible. Your upstream is maxed out (for 64QAM) at 54. Your downstream is near max at -11 to -12!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

azstu is fairly new to this site and posted in the original thread.

Here is his reply:

said by azstu:

Ok. here is the new specs after I reconfigured ( ie took out the tv connection ;(.. My connection is always borderline .. I live out in desert and have a 400ft run to my home from box over a wash. I am usually ok.. even with the out of spec numbers but anyway.. I am a low income person so cant afford even the whiff of paying for a tech call or new bits .. so this may work hopefully for a while. Will post an update in a few days. thanks for the feedback tho

--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

pclover

join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by azstu:

Ok. here is the new specs after I reconfigured ( ie took out the tv connection ;(.. My connection is always borderline .. I live out in desert and have a 400ft run to my home from box over a wash. I am usually ok.. even with the out of spec numbers but anyway.. I am a low income person so cant afford even the whiff of paying for a tech call or new bits .. so this may work hopefully for a while. Will post an update in a few days. thanks for the feedback tho

Comcast might force you to have a tech visit if that find you with those signal levels.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the problem is on Comcast side like outside your normally don't get changed. Maybe this is true if you have a Service Protection Plan?

Do you have a service protection plan?

»www.comcast.com/spp/default.html···ect=true