Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel

1 recommendation

reply to PrivacyExprt

Re: Your home deadbolt/locks are totally ineffective.

Locks only keep the opportunists out.

This is why we have an alarm system. I have also been considering getting cameras for outdoors, as well as inside the front entrance and other potential points of entry. Although I don't know if I should bother, break-ins are rare in this area.

PrivacyExprt

join:2010-09-29
Longwood, FL

1 recommendation

said by TheMG:

Locks only keep the opportunists out.

This is why we have an alarm system. I have also been considering getting cameras for outdoors, as well as inside the front entrance and other potential points of entry. Although I don't know if I should bother, break-ins are rare in this area.

90%+ of all locks keep NOBODY OUT, that was the point.. Even opportunists that have half a brain can quickly walk through most locks. Remember, you can buy bumpkeys for 90% of all locks for $8.00 for a complete set on the internet. This ensures 1-5 second entry to virtually all homes.
»www.bumpkeyaz.com/The-Mini-Start···-MS3.htm

But I agree, a good alarm system, and CCD's are great. I have CCD's covering my front porch, back porch, and backyard on a 500 hour DVR. This is a very safe low crime area, but you'd be surprised at how people 'keep in line' when they know you are filming. This is basically turning their technology against them, for your benefit. Another handy thing, if the cops or spooks happen to show up for this or that reason, then you have a audio/visual record of the entire encounter, and cops really hate video cameras.

My buddies wife got mad at him, called the cops saying he threatened her (untrue), they showed up, asked him to come out. Innocent of everything he went out, they asked him to come to the 'side' of the home away from anyones view. He did, and they immediately jumped him to beat the snot out of him. What they didn't realize is he had his son setup to observe the encounter, and once they saw him they immediately stopped, and shortly thereafter left the scene. Later through research, WE found out these cops all have recording devices on them they always 'forget' to turn on, and the they aim their squad cars AWAY from the location they are going so there is no visual record of what they do. Well with CCD's, that problem is solved, it's all caught on camera, they have to behave like good little boys and girls.

Layered defense, but if your locks suck, it's like not having a firewall for your PC, seriously.

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to TheMG
> Locks only keep the opportunists out.

Right. Just enough to keep the ex from coming in the door .

A number of years back, traded in one Ford (Econoline) Van for another. At the time (70's or so) they used those Z shaped (I call them) keys. One day I found a spare from the old van in my drawer. Tried it in the new van, & it worked . The vehicle keys were close enough that inserted one side up, the old key could be used for the new van. I liked that. Put a dab of glue on the "up" side, making it convenient to use .

All "lock" stories are old news, Kryptonite Evolution 2000 U- Lock hacked by a Bic pen.

Finnn

@dnainternet.fi
Simply use Abloy lock as main lock and Boda as extra security lock. Those are extremely tought to pick, basically impossible. There hasnt been any known cases in Finland, where such lock where picked and someone gain access to somewhere they shouldnt have. Yes, you read that right.

Thats why they broke into homes by breaking doors or windows btw.

NameRequirem

@sonic.net
"Simply use Abloy lock as main lock and Boda as extra security lock. Those are extremely tought to pick, basically impossible"

How to open Abloy Protec cylinder lock - YouTube

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj4myR2XlWc

Pick lock Abloy 900

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOacNkOgA5c

Boda 5 pin picked

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDHsi8zUjg0

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
said by NameRequirem :

How to open Abloy Protec cylinder lock - YouTube

That is not lock picking, that's lock drilling.