hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium Member
join:2001-02-26

2 recommendations

hayc59 to PrivacyExprt

Premium Member

to PrivacyExprt

Re: Your home deadbolt/locks are totally ineffective.

This is exactly why I have two
very good friends and their names are
Mossberg FLEX 590
Smith & Wesson Shield

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium Member
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

1 recommendation

jabarnut

Premium Member

said by hayc59:

This is exactly why I have two
very good friends and their names are
Mossberg FLEX 590
Smith & Wesson Shield

Yep. I only have one friend and his name is Sig P226. He likes his 20 round magazine loaded with hollow points with him at all times.
Even the best of locks obviously won't keep some of the lunatics out there from breaking in to your house.
And that's when my friend 'Sig' gets really mad.
Of course, when nobody is home that's a different story. But again, if someone *really* wants to break in, they can and will.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3

Premium Member

What does your friend "Sig" do to protect your belongings when you aren't home? Point and click defense only works when you're physically present to point and click.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium Member
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

1 edit

jabarnut

Premium Member

Quite true. My friend Sig is pretty useless when I'm not home. (Like I mentioned)
said by jabarnut:

Of course, when nobody is home that's a different story. But again, if someone *really* wants to break in, they can and will.

And really, the fanciest locks in the world might make you feel a little better, but the old tried and true 'forced entry' will generally work.
Sort of like the ol' "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns" thing. Good locks will probably only keep the more honest thieves out.
On second thought, never mind. Not so sure there is such a thing as an "honest thief". (Not to mention that was a pretty poor analogy).

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

rcdailey

Premium Member

Rather than "honest," substitute "careful."
Expand your moderator at work