reply to goalieskates

Re: Facebook in talks to buy browser company Opera, says report

Facebook removes Google Chrome from supported browsers

Supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Firefox
- Opera
--
Reality corrupted. Reboot universe? (Y/N)

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

from the article you linked:

quote:
If there must be any reason behind this, it must be because of Facebook planning to acquire Opera and that Google(Chrome) , one of the rivals of Opera, would also become a rival of Facebook. So, it would only seem sensible for Facebook to remove Googles browser �€“ Chrome, from the list of supported browsers.

Whatever Facebook is doing, looks like it just started a fresh war with Google.
Hate to argue with the author, but I'm not sure how sensible that is really. Who's running the FB zoo these days?

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to MeDuZa

Well... that's not what that site says now, using my system (as well as for others over on Opera's forum). Apparently, the FB site then changed the message to indicate that FB recommends IE, FF, and Opera but supported Chrome as well. But now the link seems to end in the FB home page. Just a guess, but if there is negotiation between Opera and FB, both would be under an onus to clamp down on any leaked or unofficial information - which delisting Chrome and listing Opera would certainly constitute, so the change may have been spiked for now. It all sounds like some confusion in the Facebook wheel-house...
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium
join:2005-01-16
WA, USA
kudos:4

Funny, I loaded my old FB FAQ bookmark for browsers: »www.facebook.com/help/?page=185360664848864

Opera isn't listed. But, visiting FB using Opera and also identifying as Opera...I don't get an unsupported message.

FAIK, Opera never was officially supported. I know because back when I DID have a FB account and was using Opera, some stuff was messed up.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to MeDuZa

So Facebook has declared war on Apple also? That is REALLY interesting. It has suddenly taken on both Google and Apple?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

carpetshark3
Premium
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

said by Mele20:

So Facebook has declared war on Apple also? That is REALLY interesting. It has suddenly taken on both Google and Apple?

Not according to this:
»www.appleinsider.com/articles/12···ays.html

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

Eegads. Another reason for me to never buy anything from Apple.