share rss forum feed

jagerman

join:2011-01-10
Kingston, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to rocca

Re: Advanced package in Cogeco areas

In that case, is there any news on Cogeco approving another D3 modem (which presumably is the holdup for new plans beyond 16/1)? Or are they still dragging their feet to keep Start away from their highest revenue customers? Err, I mean of course, are they still taking the minimum time necessary to do extensive technical and marketing testing while ensuring maximum network reliability and throughput in this age of highly competitive ISP markets with challenging asymmetric network infrastructure and buildout synergies?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23

The issue isn't the modems at this point, the DPC3000 works great. It's the unavailability of the 20/1.5 profile for TPIA. We're working on it...

jagerman

join:2011-01-10
Kingston, ON
I concur that it works great (I'm using one, and happy with it), but aren't they in short supply, or have you found a hidden cache somewhere?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
I think we'll be okay for the near future, have other things in the works for long-term.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to jagerman
said by jagerman:

....Err, I mean of course, are they still taking the minimum time necessary to do extensive technical and marketing testing while ensuring maximum network reliability and throughput in this age of highly competitive ISP markets with challenging asymmetric network infrastructure and buildout synergies?

....while proliferating socialogical prognostications from the podium.

ROFL @ yer wall'o'technobabble !

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !