share rss forum feed

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:36
reply to cathyy

Re: Broadstripe issues

Hopefully the work they're doing locally will resolve it. If not, please let me know and I will see what I can do. I don't have full access to all the old Broadstripe systems yet, but I should be able to check it out.

I spoke with my local broadstripe helpdesk yesterday. It appears WOW does not work with some modems. Mine is the motorola sb6120. I was told the firmware needs to be updated. I have been having the same issues as you cathyy.

reply to WOW_Dan
Thanks Dan will do.

RootWyrm

join:2011-05-09
reply to quicksticks
said by quicksticks :

I spoke with my local broadstripe helpdesk yesterday. It appears WOW does not work with some modems. Mine is the motorola sb6120. I was told the firmware needs to be updated. I have been having the same issues as you cathyy.

Hahaha that's a good one.
Also it's total BS. The SB6120 is the only non-Arris WOW supports on DOCSIS 3.

Broadstripe systems are essentially in transition at the moment. Expect frequent outages and poor performance during integration. Chances are that the headend has actually been unmaintained and left to fall apart since Broadstripe decided to sell - that's standard practice in the industry and on Broadstripe, not WOW.

reply to WOW_Dan
Ok, so the tech was out today, was going to swap out my modem for a rental while on the phone wit the "ladies" as he told my wife then found out it had been configured wrong at their end. Supposedly ran the firmware update and left. Wasn't there 10 minutes. Wife reports it is still doing the same thing it was doing before he got there...not happy.

Actually the term he used was provisioned wrong.

reply to RootWyrm
Nice, well great example of the out-going not knowing what the incoming has to offer...customers get caught in the middle. I've been a week with very limited internet access. Good thing I don't do work out of my home!