Taylortbb
Premium
join:2007-02-18
Kitchener, ON

1 recommendation

reply to jguy_ca

Re: [Cable] Cable: Anyone still NOT have upstream channel bondin

said by jguy_ca:

Is it just me or the Markham POI (Anderson) hasn't been upgraded to support upstream channel bonding?

It's node-based not POI-based. There's many thousands of nodes in Rogers' network, it'll take time before they upgrade every one. No one gets faster speeds till the tariffs are updated, so for now it makes almost no difference.
--
Taylor Byrnes

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
said by Taylortbb:

said by jguy_ca:

Is it just me or the Markham POI (Anderson) hasn't been upgraded to support upstream channel bonding?

It's node-based not POI-based. There's many thousands of nodes in Rogers' network, it'll take time before they upgrade every one. No one gets faster speeds till the tariffs are updated, so for now it makes almost no difference.

\

Yep, in some areas they're starting to roll out. just hold tight as they slowly bring it up through the network. Honestly it doesn't make that much of a difference especially now that the POI congestion is getting eased out.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to Taylortbb
said by Taylortbb:

said by jguy_ca:

Unless you're experiencing congestion it makes no difference at all....bonding doesn't have anything to do with faster speed...the .cm file that's sent to your modem has to do with how much actual speed you get...and that's the truth so I"m not sure why everyone keeps looking at whether or not they're bonding...anywho...

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
I was mainly waiting to see if my modem would support it on their network for when they eventually enable higher speeds.