spc
uniqs

HR
@comcast.net

HR to tshirt

Anon

to tshirt

Re: [Speed] Own Extreme 50, why does Comcast want $250 to "

I don't recall them ever doing this for 50mbps service. I believe they handed me a modem to lease and said "good luck". If they have to verify all of this to get 105 service, I'm wondering whats the point, perhaps 50 is fast enough. Thank you for the replies.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

50megs doesnt tax the system so speak as the 105 package does....not mention when you have 105 service they expect you to be downloading a metric ton.....so they figure you will experience issues where a lesser tier woudlnt...

50 is damn fast enough...i always saw the 105 tier as overkill...

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to HR

Premium Member

to HR
Well it depends what you do and what tier you are coming from but for MOST 50 is plenty.
In fact a clean 12/2 will handle all customers needs 99% of the time, but if you have 2 kids doing homework (or playing games) at the same time you ar streaming something and the wife is downloading something else... you only need 1 or 2 small glitches before many will pay the $10-35 to jump up a few tiers.
It's the "buttery flavored oil" on movie popcorn, you know you don't NEED it, but are you willing to risk a less than perfect moment over a few bucks?
This psychology drives a great deal of the american market, and is why service tiers are designed the way they are.

L337
Premium Member
join:2005-03-10
Chicago, IL

L337 to gar187er

Premium Member

to gar187er
Haha, trust me 105 is overkill. I had it and I know it. Stick with 50 guys!

JigglyWiggly
join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA

1 edit

JigglyWiggly

i've heard of people doing it without install fee
you gotta nag on phone

live chat ppl get you nowhere