uniqs
share rss forum feed

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
reply to YourFriend

Re: [Equipment] Starting a WISP in downtown St. Petersburg Flori

Let's see....You want to build a WISP and have no WISP experience.

You really need to hire a consultant before you blow through $50,000 and still can't make it work.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8

said by WHT:

Let's see....You want to build a WISP and have no WISP experience.

He can learn...

YourFriend

join:2012-06-03
Raleigh, NC
reply to WHT

WHT - We are going to be talking to a consultant soon, one of my associates was part of a WISP similar to this in Miami so we have some connections but I wanted to have as much information as possible going into it.

jcremin - We have a pretty clear line of sight (top of two buildings going over the bay) not sure what type of interference and such we will encounter.

TravelGuy - Thanks for the info I used PTP LINKPlanner by motorola. The reason we are doing it here is because there are only 2 real companies that sell internet here and the lowest you can get it for is 50 (for really slow low end internet) and the coverage is spotty at best. It is a Peninsula so thats why there are so few internet options. Our idea is to sell to companies and apts. and allow them to resell it to their tenants. A friend of ours does it over in miami and atlanta (clearsurf.com) so we know there is a market for it.