Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hamilton1

join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON

1 edit

Cogeco Newsgroups Not Getting Headers

Today is June 7th 2012 and this morning I tried to connect to the cogeco newsgroups and I get nothing, Is anyone else able to connect?

Marcer
Premium,VIP
join:2007-07-08
Hamilton, ON
kudos:13

Re: Cogeco Newsgroups Are Down

Hey,

Just tossed a random NZB into Grabit here @ home, fired up just fine for me...

Can you PM me your MAC and/or IP? I'll check it out once I'm @ the office.

Hamilton1

Hamilton, ON

1 edit

Yes nzb's do work (just tried) but if you try and load a group there are no headers at all. I tried to load alt.binaries.multimedia and it says there are headers there but then when they try and load nothing happens.

It was working fine up until last night.

Oh using Newsleecher if that makes any difference

I also wipped the group cache and tried to download and still got no headers.

Hamilton1

Hamilton, ON
reply to Hamilton1

I just tried my backup news server Astraweb and I don't have any problems download headers from alt.binaries.multimedia. So I can only assume that it's on Cogeco's end.

Oh off topic, but just sorta a FYI Astraweb.com is offering 1000Gb's for only $50 which is a huge steal if your in need of a backup news server.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6
reply to Hamilton1

I just tried from one of the test machines and I was able to load headers fine.

I'll try my machine at home as well tonight.

nevertheless
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-08
St Catharines, ON
kudos:4
reply to Hamilton1

PM me your IP.

Hamilton1

Hamilton, ON

said by nevertheless:

PM me your IP.

Done

Hamilton1

Hamilton, ON
reply to Hamilton1

Also tried the latest Newsbin Pro (just incase it was Newsleecher) and I come up with the same results it will not download headers from the Cogeco server, but it will work on the Astraweb server.

Hamilton1

Hamilton, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Hamilton1

Re: Cogeco Newsgroups Not Getting Headers

Seems to be working today so if someone did something to help thanks very much, If not boy that was strange.

nevertheless
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-08
St Catharines, ON
kudos:4

said by Hamilton1:

Seems to be working today so if someone did something to help thanks very much, If not boy that was strange.

As far as I know nothing was changed. I didn't see any problems.
--
Some people think I'm an idiot. I disagree, but idiocy is subjective--so they may well be right. With this in mind, take everything I post with a grain of salt, eh?

Bretly

@cgocable.net
reply to Hamilton1

Cannot connect to the news.cogeco.ca. No settings changed in grabit. Thought it may be issue with software so switched to Unzbin and still cannot connect. Did a ping of news.cogeco.ca and did get replies.

Thanks.

M in Cobourg

@cgocable.net

Getting 10061 Connection Refused for Cogeco, and 10060 Connection Timed Out for Teranews and Bubbanews. All use Highwinds servers. All were working OK earlier today.

wikkedwicky5

join:2009-04-02
reply to Hamilton1

when i try to conneect to news groups it gives me a timeout error all the time and i use cogeco lol with the cogeco modem direct with NO PORXY

M in Cobourg

@cgocable.net

Yes, I keep getting annoying "Connection aborted" or similar messages, sometimes two or three times in a row, whether I am using the Cogeco server or other Highwinds news servers. It doesn't seem to happen with Astraweb, so maybe it's a Highwinds problem?

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP

1 recommendation

reply to Hamilton1

Hey Guys,

Thanks for letting me know about this. We are looking into it as we speak and can hopefully get it fixed before too long!

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
reply to Hamilton1

Can someone confirm on their end if it's working now? I was able to access it.

Hamilton1

Hamilton, ON

It's been fine since that one day problem and I still don't know what happened but it is working well now.

Thanks for looking into the problem guys.