uniqs
share rss forum feed

rudeboy24

join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON

1 edit
reply to kim

Re: Costs going up, downgrading cable

its fun being able to change the caller id name to something funny while calling your family and friends.

get an asterisk server setup and get your geek on lol

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
kudos:1
Dont even need an asterisk server, I do it with my ATA.

rudeboy24

Welland, ON
i also use 2 ATA's and 2 android phones ..when someone calls my home number i can answer it on my cell using CSIPSimple over WiFi or over cell data connection

kim
That Chick
Premium,Mod
join:2001-03-25
ON
kudos:8
reply to rudeboy24
Okay I love the sound of that.
'splain please.

rudeboy24

Welland, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Start Communicat..

1 recommendation

»www.voip.ms/ ..you need to put $25 minimum in your account.

»wiki.voip.ms/ - explains how to set it up ,...u dont even need an asterisk server with voip.ms u can setup sub accounts and have different phone's/numbers linked to them ..there are also Soft phones u can use to call from your computer using a headset.

Edit: u can make calls without buying a DID (Phone number).

chdude3

join:2003-07-29
Oakville, ON
said by rudeboy24:

»www.voip.ms/ ..you need to put $25 minimum in your account.

»wiki.voip.ms/ - explains how to set it up ,...u dont even need an asterisk server with voip.ms u can setup sub accounts and have different phone's/numbers linked to them ..there are also Soft phones u can use to call from your computer using a headset.

Edit: u can make calls without buying a DID (Phone number).

It's great, eh? I've got subaccounts set up for my Android phone and our laptop. I don't actually have a data plan, but when out travelling I've used WiFi to call from a SIP app on my phone.

I love having my voicemail forwarded to me in an email as well, in case we do miss a call. I've got no complaints or qualms about having gone to voip.ms - I remember when Cogeco called to try and lure us back to their phone service, the phone rep absolutely would not beleive that we pay on average about $7/mo for our phone service and usage. Sure beats $40+ with Cogeco!

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
I'm in the process of moving our business over to voip.ms. Fantastic service, and we're saving a shitload of money for more than we had before.

rudeboy24

Welland, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Start Communicat..
reply to chdude3
i love it, i have it setup so every phone in the house has its own line so there no more .."Hurry up, I need to use the phone", and they all ring when the home number is called so u can answer any phone.
I use an asterisk server at home for my business lines and home lines, i have 4 numbers (1 home, 1 business, 1 Toll-Free and 1 Fax) an all for under $20 a month including calling.

GOUGEco can't compete with that lol