spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mariospants

join:2012-06-05
reply to glussier

Re: [Internet] BELL Sagecom Fibe 25 modem... can it be Repeated?

said by glussier:

That's what I do. I have the Sagecom modem (SNIP)

Anyway, if you have any problem configuring your devices this way, post again. This is a real easy setup.

OK, that was incredibly helpful information, thanks! I noticed something, however: I tried using a network cable from the Sagecom Lanport 1 to both the repeater and the old 2-wire modem (in case either had appreciably better coverage than the sagecom) and in both attempts - even with same and different ssid - something happened to the quality of bandwidth on the Sagecom. It slowed appreciably and even had some timeouts. The channel setting on the Sagecom was set to "Auto" so I don't think there was a conflict...

glussier

join:2002-11-12
Montreal, QC
Might be that the sagecom was set to the same channel as the other access point. Set the channels manually.

To determine which channels were less used in my area, I used wifi analyser on my cell phone. I then set the Sagecom to channel 1 and the access point (router used as an access point) to channel 9.

Don't set the access point to close to the Sagecom modem, as your wifi devices might try to switch from the Sagecom to your access point repeatedly.

eklm

@bell.ca
reply to mariospants
said by mariospants:

said by glussier:

That's what I do. I have the Sagecom modem (SNIP)

Anyway, if you have any problem configuring your devices this way, post again. This is a real easy setup.

... I tried using a network cable from the Sagecom Lanport 1 to both the repeater and the old 2-wire modem ...

The 2-wire doesn't have a WAN port, I don't think using a LAN port would work

glussier

join:2002-11-12
Montreal, QC
You want the access point hooked to a lan port and not a wan port.