share rss forum feed

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to HarleyYac

Re: Move to FiOS TV from DirecTV?

said by HarleyYac:

Quality is somewhat diminished as of late .It seems they are starting to cram more channels in to a qam. Prices are going up etc.. If you like your picture and pricing I would stay. If price minded, I guess you will have to do the math.
If you really don't need a phone you could just use your cell, or maybe Net talk or something similar. VZ Fios phone is $30 with a the triple play. To be honest if we make 30 calls a month on our phone.. its alot. Better off with the cell or other voip per min service.
Lee

While I agree quality has diminished, I think your statement about squeezing more stations into a QAM is misrepresenting what is really happening (unless I missed the new somewhere).

All I have seen is that the providers are sending lower level quality feeds to Verizon (NBC Universal / Comcast to name one). Vz can't clean up a bad signal.

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Verizon Online DSL
·Optimum Online

I did think there was a new one with more Latin HD cramming the qam. I'll look it up soon..
In this economy, I will be downgrading the TV portion, and seriously thinking about getting rid of phone. I will be trying Bet talk or some other inexpensive VOIP that will work with m alarm over the summer. If all goes well I'll port the number.
Lee
--
My opinion on religion and science? Science builds airplanes. Religion flies them into buildings.

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4

said by HarleyYac:

I did think there was a new one with more Latin HD cramming the qam. I'll look it up soon..
In this economy, I will be downgrading the TV portion, and seriously thinking about getting rid of phone. I will be trying Bet talk or some other inexpensive VOIP that will work with m alarm over the summer. If all goes well I'll port the number.
Lee

Yeah, but with the new Spanish channels, those are being sent in mpeg-4, which would allow you to put more per QAM.

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ

Cool, thx!!