Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to cableties

Premium Member

to cableties

Re: [Sci-Fi] Prometheus Imax 3D

DO NOT PAY TO SEE PROMETHEUS.

I saw it today. The movie was horrible. I love scifi movies, but this sucked.
Very weak, not thought out plot. Lots of rookie mistakes for a scifi movie in terms of technology and aliens.
It has a story you would expect on a low budget scifi channel tv movie. I cant believe they put this in theaters.

I have never asked for my money back for a movie, but I will email the studio asking for it back.
I love scifi, but I would rather them not make a movie at all then make something as crappy as this.

yoda9999
join:2006-09-23
Vienna, VA

yoda9999

I don't think Ridley Scott makes rookie mistakes. I think he just wants to make money now.

Your feeling and disappointment is close to mine.

However, I may see it one more time just to make sure it's that bad, or maybe my eyes are bad.

I enjoyed Predators (2010) much more.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

I did have high hopes.
And at first it seemed to be more of a smarter scifi movie, but quickly fell apart lacking common sense and logic.
It is clear that none of the writers have ever seen anything scifi or ever watched any of the alien movies or any alien movie.

If we wanted off the wall scifi where things dont make sense and a very bad story then we would watch the stupid "D" made for tv movies scifi puts out.

It was clear to me that it was not written for those that like scifi movies. I really dont know what genre they wrote that movie for.

yoda9999
join:2006-09-23
Vienna, VA

yoda9999

I thought the first quarter or third of the movie offered some promise.

but then it felt like a dumb action flick marketed as an intelligent sci fi film.