Premium
join:2000-11-15
Tampa, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to tomkb

Re: Bought a TV for my computer

Well, I went out and bought another TV. Walmart was out of 32" TV's with 1080P so I got a 37" TV.

Holy huge! It's almost ridiculous the size of the TV for a monitor.

However, I'm happy to report that 1020P really cleared image up much better, it's definitely usable as a computer monitor. It's running at 1920x1080 which is better resolution than my 19" monitor. So, I can have multiple windows open which is nice.

Since the screen is so much bigger, things are easier to read as well being larger.

In short I like it, but have to decide if 37" is too big. I'm sitting about 2 feet away from it. Watching 1080P youtube is pretty slick as well in full screen.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
I use my 40" Samsung tv as my computer monitor. I am about 5 feet away from it. It is crystal clear to see and read. Sometimes in games the font may be a little small, like in Diablo 3 I have to move up a little to read what people are typing. My vision is pretty much perfect as well. PC runs 1080p at 1920x1080
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

pog4
Premium
join:2004-06-03
Kihei, HI
reply to tomkb
said by tomkb:

In short I like it, but have to decide if 37" is too big. I'm sitting about 2 feet away from it. Watching 1080P youtube is pretty slick as well in full screen.

I also use a 37" 1080p TV for a monitor, about 2' away... you get used to it after a while.
--
My Site

tomkb
Premium
join:2000-11-15
Tampa, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by pog4:

said by tomkb:

I also use a 37" 1080p TV for a monitor, about 2' away... you get used to it after a while.

Turned the brightness and contrast down a bit makes a difference.

pog4
Premium
join:2004-06-03
Kihei, HI
said by tomkb:

Turned the brightness and contrast down a bit makes a difference.

I actually calibrated mine with a colorimeter but I also check results with »www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ I think it's important to make sure you're getting the best possible image with the screen you have.
--
My Site