how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

So I guess tablets are a bust

So say I just want a tablet $60 for 1 GB. Thoughtful. I'm assuming that they will still have tablet only, jetpack only because I only pay $36 for 5 GB on my Mifi now (with disc), and I hook my wifi tablet up to it when needed.

If they really wanted tablets on this, they would have made the pricing $0 or $5. People can't control themselves on tablets.

As one noted you can move SIM between devices, but I'm assuming that they will clamp down on that now and if the network sees a new device you will need to have it registered else people will just start sharing SIMs. You don't think big red hasn't thought of that

No word on tethering, but I assume they will still maintain some annoyance charge for the heck of it.

In any case, no matter how you slice this or dice this a family would be crazy to do this versus risk-limited prepaid. I can't imagine how many people are going to suffer under this plan.

I for one will keep my fam's $25 VM plan until ting gets some reasonable phones, and off to the races. Only $6 for a smartphone and data charges are less. Sprint is finally upgrading towers in my area and speeds are just as good as verizon now. We will never get wimax because out Canadian brothers to the north still have some analog stations, but some day LTE will be here.

I was not surprised that this new "plan" would be despicable, and Verizon has not let me down.

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state

said by elefante72:

No word on tethering, but I assume they will still maintain some annoyance charge for the heck of it.

While I do find this whole thing to be a giant scam, I did read on another site that the whole tethering restriction crap will disappear with this. Not that it will really matter with the joke of a cap they are pushing with this.

EDIT: Here is the info on the hotspot (tethering) »www.droid-life.com/2012/06/12/th···g-plans/

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

tru dat. Thx. In any case I'm happy w/ my prepaid and corporate paid postpaid My wifes VM $27 (w/ tax) and Pageplus burner for Canadian visitors $3/month, total $30.

I guess the actuaries figured out if you let your friends on, the gas gauge goes up faster than an annoyance charge.

Now I'm just waiting to see how they will toy w/ my FIOS prices when my price guarantee goes away in Jan...

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state

Yea I am also waiting to see how they will bend us over on the FiOS pricing, Lucky tho I think I have another year on mine.

I also think part of this whole scam is for the future, sure they will give you unlimited talk now, but when they move to VoLTE in 2014 and start making the phone calls eat into your DATA bucket they will make a ton of $$$ on the overages.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
reply to elefante72

This is why I will be keeping my iPad on its own plan (no contract, pay monthly for the Gbs I need) and keeping my phone on Sprint. Ends up cheaper that way...and I will get more reliable data because I have two carriers to pick from instead of one.