share rss forum feed

Dragasoni
We're All Mad Here
Premium
join:2001-12-14
Palm Bay, FL
reply to jjeffeory

Re: Holy Shit

Exactly, I just bought my wife a 2011 Nissan for $18,000 with $10,000 trade in and $1,000 in cash. Payments are $241 a month for 36 months. I usually double up the payments since they're so low. Buying a brand new car makes no sense when you can get one a year or two old for way less.

For me, I just buy cheap $2,000 cars with cash and drive them until the wheels fall off

-Dragasoni-

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
Reviews:
·Charter

said by Dragasoni:

Exactly, I just bought my wife a 2011 Nissan for $18,000 with $10,000 trade in and $1,000 in cash. Payments are $241 a month for 36 months. I usually double up the payments since they're so low. Buying a brand new car makes no sense when you can get one a year or two old for way less.

For me, I just buy cheap $2,000 cars with cash and drive them until the wheels fall off

-Dragasoni-

Well, if it wasnt for the C.A.R.S. Program(cash for clunkers) that was run about a year ago, there would be lots of nice $1000-$4500 cars on the roads still, but everyone and their mother fell for the gimmick(it really was, because it only applied to new cars, and the dealers overpriced their vehicles by $3000 or more. I considered doing it, but they(the dealers in this area, and even 2 hours south), wanted $3000 or more than the book value of what vehicles I would have been purchasing. Millions of people got scammed out of precious metals and nice cars, and only the dealers and car makers profited) and traded in perfectly good vehicles that are now off the roads. Before then, I got a $1000 car from my aunt that was in great shape, and it lasted me for 4 years, with all but the most minimal maintenance. Now, if its under $2000, its total junk, and even some $20000-$3000 cars are junk, because they know there is no used car competition, they can overprice junk cars to the max. Honestly, its another story for another day, but for the most part, on cell phone carriers, especially prepaid carriers, they lease usage from one of the big 2. T-mobile uses AT&T towers where they dont have coverage. Straight talk uses T and Z towers. Virgin mobile uses Z towers. Hell, hardly any of the current prepaid carriers actually build out their own network, they simply lease. Im moving from AT&T prepaid(gophone) to Straight talk, and all im really doing is getting a better value from AT&T towers and services, since Straight talk(Tracphone subsidiary, owned by Carlos Slim) leases AT&T towers and usage, even the same ~2.2GB throttle cap occurs for data(of which, its unlimited). Go prepaid now, while its still good.

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
reply to Dragasoni

Smart man!