Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mattftlaud
Premium
join:2012-02-07
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Moving to new address question

I'm moving in a couple of weeks and i have a question and possibly an issue. Right now i have a regular landline with ATT and DSL. Ok i've been hearing if you move ATT is switching DSL customers over to Uverse internet. Only thing is when i do a Uverse availability checker at my new address it says only Uverse internet is available (no uverse phone).

Now i've read in many place that u can have Uverse internet combined with a regular landlind (non Uverse) from ATT. So how in the world since they dont offer Uverse phone am i going to get phone AND internet with ATT? U think they'll just go ahead and transfer my DSL to the new address since voice isnt ready yet there?

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
so you're giving up on comcast?

»Apartment Wiring Question

I'd say give it your last best shot and see what the results would be before jumping ship to ATT, as you MIGHT ONLY regret it.

people here will have a hard time giving you accurate replies since there are too many variables and scenarios that can happen with ATT. not to mention you are in an apartment which can be tricky as well since apartments have their own world when it comes to wiring and such...

I think what you need to do is move in there, establish residence and call Comcast and or ATT and ask what can you avail from them with you being inside that apartment now.

Asking here might set your expectations too high and when either company delivers low, you'll be upset.

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA
kudos:1
reply to Mattftlaud
Esentially the U-verse is served out of a different DSLAM (IP) than regular DSL. If TV and voice is not available, then you'd still have the option of having traditional landline. They'll come in on different circuits, so you can have both.
--
-M

Mattftlaud
Premium
join:2012-02-07
Fort Lauderdale, FL
No i'm not giving up on comcast ....but when i used to have just ATT DSL it wuld go out 5-6times a year so i like to have a backup .....2 internet services so just in case one goes out i still have internet

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
said by Mattftlaud:

No i'm not giving up on comcast ....but when i used to have just ATT DSL it wuld go out 5-6times a year so i like to have a backup .....2 internet services so just in case one goes out i still have internet

You need internet uptime huh....i suggest comcast business then like what i have. With att as back up, you'll only be wasting money.

With comcast biz, 4 hour repair window, better tech support than resi., downtime notifications and no caps and at a good price point.