Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to Warzau

Premium Member

to Warzau

Re: Falling Skies Returns Sunday

What I dont' get is how the hell this show got renewed, but other shows that are MUCH better got cancelled??? Smh...

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

Steven Spielberg might have something to do with it.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Wily_One:

Steven Spielberg might have something to do with it.

That and that it stars Noah Wyle. He has some pull.

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium Member
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum

Kosh to Wily_One

Premium Member

to Wily_One
Thankfully he couldn't save Terra Nova at least.

Tonight's ep will be interesting, even the writers of Falling Skies admitted they "wrote themselves into a corner".

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

I am not sure what to make of last night's episode. I'm glad to see that the kid's have taken a more role in 'fighting' the aliens. But I would have liked to seen more aliens.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

1 recommendation

Voxxjin

Premium Member

I was ok with them last night. Though there is one thing that has bothers me between the end of last season and even this season. If they are using mech slugs that seem to put a good sized hole in mechs, why does it seem that you still need 10 people to each use a whole mag to put one down? BTW I have a word of advice for the resistance....landmines.

Whatever the eyebug thing is, I feel that is a little over the top. Also I am not fond of Ben's 'powers'.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
Once again they didn't waste time getting to the boo-hoo parts, but I'll cut them some slack since it's to be expected following the father's return. The whole catch and release thing does add an interesting dynamic now, I expect we'll see more flashbacks over the course of the season.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Wily_One:

Once again they didn't waste time getting to the boo-hoo parts, but I'll cut them some slack since it's to be expected following the father's return. The whole catch and release thing does add an interesting dynamic now, I expect we'll see more flashbacks over the course of the season.

Yea. He did mention that he lost some of memory, so I expect that as the season progresses, his memory will come back.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
Maybe TNT is willing to take a chance, that a major network isn't willing to take.
Granted NBC carried Chuck for 5 years, and Fox carried Fringe for 5 years. But those are exceptions. I haven't figured out why they were exceptions, but other shows weren't.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
I thought hey had a limited number of slugs.

The eyeball bug sorta got my "ugh" feeling going. Seeing the bug swim in the eye, then the tool, being used to pull it out.

As for Ben's "powers". It could be how the writers are trying to write themselves out of the corner.
Ben might still be evolving. I recall that a couple of the humans were discussing how the skitters might reproduce. Maybe they don't reproduce, but are produced by the harness changing it's host

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

I thought hey had a limited number of slugs.

The eyeball bug sorta got my "ugh" feeling going. Seeing the bug swim in the eye, then the tool, being used to pull it out.

As for Ben's "powers". It could be how the writers are trying to write themselves out of the corner.
Ben might still be evolving. I recall that a couple of the humans were discussing how the skitters might reproduce. Maybe they don't reproduce, but are produced by the harness changing it's host

I know they had a limited number of bullets but before one group leaves someone drops off two large boxes to the rearguard and says they are the new bullets. But still I feel it took an awful lot of rounds to kill a mech considering the damage one round could do.

As for your spoiler comment, that was my impression between the changes that have gone on and the autopsy of the one skitter.