share rss forum feed

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2
reply to battlesite

Re: Galaxy S3

I would say the Verizon customer service agent is mistaken. I read in the Verizon press release that GS3 preorders would not be affected. I'm not sure what site that press release was on right now and don't have time to find it though.

battlesite
Premium
join:2001-03-24
Burbank, CA
said by thegeek:

I would say the Verizon customer service agent is mistaken. I read in the Verizon press release that GS3 preorders would not be affected. I'm not sure what site that press release was on right now and don't have time to find it though.

Pretty sure no such official Verizon press release exists.

Verizon's own website (verizonwireless.com) has a community member forum. The S3 grandfather situation is a hot topic right now. Everybody is trying to get an official word. None seems to exist.

Here is a summary of the conversations from verizonwireless.com.

Many people were originally told that they would be able to keep their plans by pre-oredering before June 28th but upon further examination of anything in writing it appears that Verizon has filled the contracts with misleading wording and loopholes allowing them to cancel the grandfathered plans with the pre-ordered phones.

One member posted a screenshot of an online conversation with a Verizon rep who told the member that he would be able to keep his unlimited data plan, but in reality the Verizon legal dept will be able to blow that argument out of the water as a non-binding poorly-worded conversation.

Most of the Verizon reps when pressed hard enough to give precisely worded exact information will "check with their supervisors" and then say that they're not sure but that it doesn't look like the grandfathered plans will be available.

Here is a link to the latest discussion thread on the subject.
»community.verizonwireless.com/thread/775227