All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Spaceboy88

join:2008-10-24

[DVR] Strange Issue with Multi-Room DVR

I had my multi-room DVR STB replaced earlier in the week because it kept rebooting itself and finally stopped turning on. I setup the new box on Thursday and all was fine until yesterday (Saturday) when any cable (i.e. non-network TV) channels were giving a message that they were "unavailable" or that I was not subscribed to them. Tech support did some reboots on their end and it seemed to fix the issue briefly but it came right back. They decided to send a technician out first thing today. He looked at the box and determined that it was not authorized properly. He did some stuff on the phone and it started working fine.

Fast Forward a few hours later, the cable channels will play fine for about 15 minutes or so then freeze briefly, followed by a 5-10 second "channel unavailable" message, then it will come back to the channel. Sometimes it won't come back and I'll have to reboot the box and the whole process starts over again.

What could be causing this? It's only that one box that is having the issue, the other 2 standard HD boxes I have are working fine.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:4
Suggest you do the STB autocorrect prossess in the help area of the menu.

Spaceboy88

join:2008-10-24
Done that. Isn't fixing the issue.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Spaceboy88
What model DVR is this

Spaceboy88