spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PuddingMan5

join:2005-09-07

ATT/Yahoo Email SpamGuard

I've had ATT/Yahoo Email with SpamGuard "On' for years, first with DSL, more revently with Uverse. I check the spam folder periodically.

It used to flag the usual mix of spam from vendors I've had business with, etc. All was as expected.

More recently, all I see in the spam folder are penis enlargement ads and all from the current day. I have reason to believe the old vendors still send spam my way.

On top of that, the filter is allowing a few obvious ("Penis Enlarge free trial ...") thru for no obvious reason.

Any idea how to get SpamGuard to work reliably?

Thx,
P

katarina2

join:2003-09-07
Houston, TX
I have the opposite problem. I am finding a lot of messages that are not Spam landing in my Spam folder. These are messages from several forums that I participate in and the messages have never landed in Spam before. No matter how many times I move them out of Spam ... subsequent messages (some, but not all) end up in Spam anyway.

I would love to have more control over what is identified as Spam and what is not identified as Spam.

PuddingMan5

join:2005-09-07
It's obvious that we are both experiencing serious problems with Spamguard inconsistencies.

I'm inclined to suspect that Spamguard config/maintenance is somehow out of control.

And if we don't get any useful suggestions in this thread, that will constitute additional evidence. :-(

Help!!!

P

pmas36attn

@sbcglobal.net
reply to PuddingMan5
MY SPAMGUARD IS SET TO ELIMINATE SPAM MESSAGES IMMEDIATELY BUT IS IGNORED AND THE SPAM PILES UP, I.E. THE SPAMGUARD DOES NOT WORK.

MarcJordan

join:2012-07-19
reply to PuddingMan5
I've had the same problem. Since late May my inbox has been inundated with Spam for the first time in years. I've cycled Spamguard on and off to no avail.

Is there a way to contact AT&T about this? I've looked all over for a support address but came up with nothing.

sdmike1974

join:2012-09-07
San Diego, CA
reply to pmas36attn
I called 1-408-349-1572, which I saw listed as Yahoo Support. But it actually redirects to AT&T Customer Service.

Anyway, I was told that Yahoo discontinued the "Immediate" setting for SpamGuard spam cleanup last spring.

He suggested I use the "Once a week" setting instead.

I tried that, but it did not work either.

He then suggested I reset my browser (IE8 > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced). But that was of no help either.

I currently have spam email in my Yahoo Spam folder two weeks old.

sdmike1974

join:2012-09-07
San Diego, CA

1 edit
reply to pmas36attn

Re: ATT/Yahoo Email SpamGuard - How to auto-delete Spam folder

I think I finally solved this.

First of all, Yahoo has discontinued the "immediate" option for removing messages from your Spam folder.

Use the "once a week" setting instead.

Also, it appears that neither setting works with Mail Classic.

So the solution is the following:
1) Upgrade to the new Yahoo Mail from Mail Classic.
2) Select "once a week" instead of "immediate."