Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Immer

Re: [Vanilla] Good read on the Golden Age of World PvP

Also hows this for an idea

put a PVP tower (or such) in every new zone, then only when one faction controls a majority of the towers some special instance or such opens, to make it better than WG/TB have it be a room with both a raid and 3 dungeons with good loot.

Also have the time to capture not timed but once one faction has a majority of the towers and none of the fully captured are contested for say 5min then a 2hour window starts for access to the room

Also have an achev for each tower

It'd be like WG/TB but covering the WHOLE continent, and not set into a PVP raid, and not que able, just when its active you could switch on your PVP flag and try getting a tower for your faction

Then have some special quest givers spawn at each tower that would help with rep related to whatever faction makes sense for that zone

This would encurage some PVP thats not bound to one special zone, and anyone could take part, there would be an incintive, and it'd be hard because it'd be over the whole land and you wouldn't have some easy 40man groupping to get you going, infact 40 might not be enough.

also make the area around the tower not be phased

gains

@windstream.net

the one thing that should be done to promote world pvp is server balance. who gives a sh*t about world pvp if the other faction out numbers you 20 to 1.

so stop server and faction changes to the higher population side. it goes hand in hand why "fix" world pvp when it's broken by server and faction changes. it'll still be broke even if they are able to bring back world pvp.

even servers that are relatively ballance 2:1 still have a losing side.... 2 vs 1 still mean you barely have a fighting chance. xrealm zones won't fix this. it's broken because of bliz's money grab.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

I can't fully agree. The realm population counts characters, not players. If you fix world pvp (meaning give people the incentive to go do it) then you get small groups of people engaging in world pvp. The pvp community has an edge to them, and my server has entire guilds that switched factions to engage in pvp because it was so boring being all horde.

So, I tend to agree that if they aren't even addressing server imbalance they are in the wrong. However, I don't see it as complete waste of time to try to reinvigorate world pvp (from their perspective, not mine).
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

I'd rather hang out with friends and collect gear, mounts, and achievements that don't require me to beat up on the weaker kid.