spc
Search similar:

uniqs
CaptainCrypto
join:2001-04-17
Somerville, NJ

CaptainCrypto

What a dilemma!

Every time I think about dumping FiOS, I find a reason not to. I think I may have a reason to go with just internet and dump the TV and phone components of my Triple Play (104.99 promo rate for 2 years). I also have a Comcast Business line (16/2) for work - I crack into networks for a living (legally) and I don't think FiOS will like me hacking over their network, hence the separate internet line.

I bought a digital TV antenna (I live in NJ with NYC stations near enough), which will arrive soon. Other than Big Bang Theory and some local news, I don't care about the other stuff (I'll miss you, SpongeBob and Phineas & Ferb). So, ideally all I need is FiOS internet to stream Netflix/Amazon Prime, plus regular internet usage.

The thing is, if just FiOS internet costs me near $100/month, then I'll probably just keep what I have now, even if I don't use it all.

/Just venting...

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

rtcy

Premium Member

said by CaptainCrypto:

Every time I think about dumping FiOS, I find a reason not to. I think I may have a reason to go with just internet and dump the TV and phone components of my Triple Play (104.99 promo rate for 2 years). I also have a Comcast Business line (16/2) for work - I crack into networks for a living (legally) and I don't think FiOS will like me hacking over their network, hence the separate internet line.

I bought a digital TV antenna (I live in NJ with NYC stations near enough), which will arrive soon. Other than Big Bang Theory and some local news, I don't care about the other stuff (I'll miss you, SpongeBob and Phineas & Ferb). So, ideally all I need is FiOS internet to stream Netflix/Amazon Prime, plus regular internet usage.

The thing is, if just FiOS internet costs me near $100/month, then I'll probably just keep what I have now, even if I don't use it all.

/Just venting...

Captain your post caught my sarcastic eye, can you descrive the difference between a digital tv antenna and a analog tv antenna, also can you say UHF antenna LOL

I hope you crack better than the rest of your digital knowledge!