Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

reply to dirtyjeffer

Re: [Serious] Another shooting in Toronto - 1 dead

said by dirtyjeffer:

said by Kardinal:

No problem, it's a simple answer: it is. This is the 23rd homicide in Toronto this year; by this time last year they had had 25.

that's odd...the article i read said this:

Police have been dealing with an increased number of shootings in Toronto this year compared with last.

Preliminary statistics on the Toronto police website indicate that as of June 18, shooting occurrences are up 28.7 per cent from a year ago, following a two-year decline.

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/s···ing.html

and this is the CBC, the bastion of "quality news", so it must be correct, right?

Well, we have three completely different numbers. You first mentioned crime rate, then Kardinal replied with murder rate, and now you come back with number of shootings. Make up your mind what you're talking about and then everyone can compare apples to apples.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

1 edit

said by NCRGuy:

Well, we have three completely different numbers. You first mentioned crime rate, then Kardinal replied with murder rate, and now you come back with number of shootings. Make up your mind what you're talking about and then everyone can compare apples to apples.

my apologies...i forgot our resident semantic expert would be in here ...SHOOTINGS are up...shootings are crime too, you know.

my point was more about what i have said before...while the overall crime rate MAY be down, that isn't very indicative of the whole story...it really depends on where you live and some crimes (often the violent ones) may be quite higher...that was really what my point was.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell